Hernando High: The drama department's production of Rigoletto will be at 7 p.m. May 18 and 19, with a matinee at 2 p.m. May 19, in the performing arts center. Admission is $5. Hernando school employees with ID badges will receive free admission. At the matinee, Hernando County elementary school students wearing school T-shirts will receive free admission. For information, call Susanna Rosario at (352) 797-7015, ext. 333.
• The School Advisory Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. May 29 in the media center. For information, call Marianne Bennett at (352) 797-7015, ext. 406.
Pine Grove Elementary: The Parent Teacher Organization will meet at 4:30 p.m. today in Room 800. Next year's officers will be selected. For information, call (352) 797-7090.
• The School Advisory Council/Title 1 Committee will meet at 4:15 p.m. May 10 in Room 800.
• Accelerated Reader Night will be from 4:30 to 7 p.m. May 10 in the media center.
Spring Hill Christian Academy: The school will present an adaptation of Shakespeare's As You Like It at 1 p.m. today and at 7 p.m. Friday in the Spring Hill Baptist Church auditorium. General admission for today's show is $5. Seats at the Friday show are $5, $8 and $10; doors open at 6:30 p.m. For tickets or information, call (352) 683-8485 or go to springhillca.com.
Weeki Wachee High: The School Advisory Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the media center. For information, call (352) 797-7029.
• The school's environmental resources program will host an environmental awareness dinner from 6 to 8 p.m. today. The dinner includes pasta, salad, bread and a drink. There will be door prizes, an auction and produce available. Dinner is $6.
West Hernando Middle: The school's drama students will present Little Shop of Horrors at 6 p.m. today and Friday in the cafeteria. Admission is $5.
• There will be an orientation for incoming sixth-graders from 6:30 to 8 p.m. May 10 in the cafeteria. Participants will meet administrators and teachers, tour the campus and receive information about the new sixth-grade Leadership Academy.
• The School Advisory Council and Title 1 Committee will meet at 4:45 p.m. May 21 in the library. All students and parents are welcome.
Wider Horizons School: The school is offering three summer programs: Language Arts Enrichment for children ages 3 to 8, Elementary Engineering and Robotics for elementary age students, and Middle School/High School Academic Enrichment and Skill Building. For costs, times and dates, call (352) 686-1834.
Winding Waters K-8: The school will present Annie Jr. at 7 p.m. May 17 and 18 in the cafeteria. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets prices are $5 for adults and $3 for students.
Sign up now for free summer VPK program
Hernando County School Services is offering a free Voluntary Prekindergarten summer program for children who were 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2011. The program will be from 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, June 11 through Aug. 3.
Registration requires certificates of eligibility from the Early Learning Coalition of Pasco and Hernando Counties and the children's health and immunization records. The Early Learning Coalition's two offices are at 15506 County Line Road, Suite 103, Spring Hill, (727) 233-8291, and at 26 S Brooksville Ave., Brooksville, (352) 754-5068.
The sites for the program are: Bright Beginnings Preschool & Daycare, 3013 Landover Blvd., Spring Hill, (352) 686-8070; Great Beginning Preschool and Daycare, 10155 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, (352) 592-4441; Boys and Girls Clubs, 885 N Broad St. (Brooksville Elementary), Brooksville, (352) 797-7014, ext. 257, and Mrs. B's Preschool and Daycare, 13238 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, (352) 688-4792.
For information, call the Hernando County School Services Department at (352) 797-7051.