• Nov. 20: Progress reports are distributed.
• Nov. 23-27: Thanksgiving break.
• A Veteran's Day Ceremony will be held at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. Keynote speaker will be U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis, with opening remarks by Superintendent Kurt Browning and Supervisor of Elections Brian Corley. The River Ridge High JROTC will present the colors and perform a flag-folding ceremony. Music will be presented by the Cypress Elementary Chorus and students from River Ridge Middle and High Schools.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey, (727) 774-7381
• The River Ridge High drama department will present 10 Ways to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday. $5.
• The River Ridge Middle drama department will present a Thespian Showcase at 2 p.m. Saturday. $5.
• Stage Productions will present Mother Goose at 10:30 a.m. and noon Tuesday as part of the center's Educational Series. For students in pre-K through Grade 3. $4
• The Florida Orchestra will perform at 10:30 a.m. and noon Nov. 18 as part of the center's educational series. $7.
• The Gulf Middle drama department presents The Outsiders, at 7 p.m. Nov. 19-21 and 2 p.m. Nov. 21. $5.
• Long Leaf Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 30.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, (813) 794-8772, cfawc.pasco.k12.fl.us.
• 2014 Grammy winner Cory Henry & the Funk Apostles concert, 8:30 p.m. Friday. $5 for students; $15 for adults.
• Students from the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind will perform at 11 a.m. Tuesday.
• Theatre IV Classroom Productions will present The Sleeping Beauty at 10:30 a.m. and noon Nov. 13 as part of the center's educational series. For Grades K-5. $5.
• Pine View Middle concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 16.
• New River Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 17.
• Connerton Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 18.
• Lake Myrtle Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 19.
• "Design and Build a Bridge," 1-3 p.m. Saturday at the Land O'Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway. Children, ages 9-12 are invited to learn the design process and build and test bridges. Registration is required, as is completion of the liability waiver and proper dress code (closed-toe shoes, avoid loose clothing, certain items may require hair and dangling items, like jewelry, to be secured or covered before use). For information or to register, call (813) 929-1214. For information about events at all Pasco County library branches, go to pascolibraries.org. For information about events at the New Port Richey Public Library, go to nprlibrary.org.
• Saint Leo University is the host of the American Mathematics Contest 8 for middle school students. The contest, being offered for free by Saint Leo, will take place at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 17 in TECO Hall at the School of Business, 33701 State Road 52, St. Leo. The 40-minute test includes 25 questions and is designed to encourage students to maintain an interest in mathematics. Interested parents, teachers and students should contact Monika Kiss of the department of mathematics and science at (352) 588-8836 or email@example.com. For information, go to saintleomathematics.com/amc-competition-at-saint-leo-university.html.
• Ringling College of Art and Design is accepting entries for the third annual Ringling College Creative Awards Competition for students in Grades 9 to 12. The competition is based around developing a concept for a theme park attraction or museum exhibition based on a movie, book, song or original idea. Universal Orlando Resort and Wacom are corporate partners. Students may submit either a creative entry, which includes an illustration or digital media (photo, video, digital drawing, etc.) supported by a 50- to 100-word written description, or a written entry, which entails a written essay, poem, haiku, song lyrics or other entry of up to 500 words. Entries may be submitted by students, teachers or parents/legal guardians, using the online entry form at ringlingcreativeawards.info/enter/. The deadline is Nov. 24. Winners will be announced Feb. 1. Public voting for the My Choice Award will be Nov. 25 through Dec. 2. For information, contest rules and teacher resources, go to ringlingcreativeawards.info.
Send your school news to Michele Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (727) 869-6233.