So much news can happen in a day, especially in Florida. That’s why the Tampa Bay Times has launched The Rundown, a new afternoon newsletter for Times subscribers. The Rundown will not only catch you up on important, interesting stories before rush hour, but also help you make sense of them.
Five days a week, reporters from across the newsroom will bring essential environment, politics, business, education and culture coverage to your inbox at 3 p.m. They’ll break down the biggest stories and why they matter, going deep on major developments and offering analysis and context that take you beyond the headlines.
Each edition will end with a curated roundup of the day’s top news.
The Rundown is exclusive to Times subscribers and included with a Times subscription. Here’s a closer look at what to expect:
- Mondays: Dive into environment and climate stories about Florida’s water, wildlife and weather
- Tuesdays: Pull back the curtain on state politics news and what’s really going on in your government
- Wednesdays: Learn how the latest business and economic news affects you
- Thursdays: See state and local education news from all angles, from the Florida Legislature to school boards to the classroom to home
- TGIF: Read culture stories exploring offbeat Florida, history, film and more
On Saturday mornings, while the Legislature is meeting, you’ll also get a special bonus edition called From the Capitol featuring legislative news and updates.
The inaugural Rundown newsletter was delivered on Monday. To get this afternoon briefing in your inbox, become a Times subscriber.
If you’re a Times subscriber and having issues accessing The Rundown, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for more newsletters
Stay updated on your favorite subjects. All of our newsletter offerings can be found at tampabay.com/newsletters.