Gov. Ron DeSantis on Saturday released a list of nursing homes and assisted living facilities that have reported cases of COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavisus.
The list included the names of 303 facilities around Florida, with each facility labeled by county. Not provided are key details, such as how many cases per facility, whether the cases represent residents or staff, and which of the facilities listed have had deaths.
In total, there have been 1,785 cases of COVID-19 in long-term care facilities, resulting in 175 deaths.
The facilities list generally mirrors the statewide case outlook. The three counties with the most facilities are Miami-Dade (54), Broward (39) and Palm Beach (36) , which also have the highest number of confirmed cases. Many of the rural counties that have very few confirmed cases of COVID-19 also have few or no facilities on the list.
As of Saturday night, Pinellas County has the eighth most cases of COVID-19, with 546, and the fourth most facilities with confirmed cases (24). Hillsborough, on the other hand, has the fifth most cases in the state, but only has four facilities that have reported instances of COVID-19.
DeSantis ordered health officials to release the names after weeks of refusing to do so. The long-term elder care industry had advocated against the release, saying it would violate patient privacy. Until Saturday, state health officials went along with their claim.
Below is a breakdown of how many facilities have reported cases in each county. Below that are all the facilities to report cases in the Tampa Bay area.
• Freedom Plaza
• Inspired Living At Tampa
• Promise Pointe At Tampa Oaks
• Rocky Creek Village
• Grand Villa Of New Port Richey
• Royal Oaks Nursing Center
• Arc Of Tampa Bay: Al Hambra
• Arc Of Tampa Bay: Clearwater
• Arc Of Tampa Bay: Safety Harbor
• Bay Tree Center
• Belleair Health Care Center
• Consulate Health Care of Safety Harbor
• Consulate Health Care of St. Petersburg
• Heron House Of Largo
• Highland Pines Rehabilitation Center
• Inn At Freedom Square (The)
• Inn At Lake Seminole Square (The)
• Lakeside Oaks Care Center
• Manorcare Health Services Dunedin
• Masonic Home Of Florida
• Morton Plant Rehabilitation Center
• Palm Garden Of Clearwater
• Palm Garden Of Largo
• Pinellas Point Nursing And Rehab Center
• Regal Palms
• Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Services
• South Heritage Health & Rehabilitation Center
• St. Mark Assisted Living Center
• St. Mark Village
• Tierra Pines Center
• Braden River Rehabilitation Center Llc
• Bradenton Health Care
• Brookdale Bradenton Gardens
• Casa Mora Rehabilitation And Extended Care
• Manatee Springs Rehabilitation And Nursing Center
• Residence At Bay Vue
• Riviera Palms Rehabilitation Center
• Westminster Point Pleasant
• Consulate Health Care Of Lakeland
• Highlands Lake Center
• Lakeland Hills Center
• Merrill Gardens At Championsgate
• Palm Garden Of Winter Haven
• Crown Court
Editor’s note: This story previously featured an image of a nursing home listed by the state as having COVID-19 cases. Pinellas County issued a correction on Sunday afternoon that removed that Palm Harbor facility from the state list.
• • •
Tampa Bay Times coronavirus coverage
HAVE YOU LOST SOMEONE YOU LOVE TO COVID-19?: Help us remember them
UNEMPLOYMENT Q&A: We answer your questions about Florida unemployment benefits
CONTRIBUTE TO THE SCRAPBOOK: Help us tell the story of life under coronavirus
BRIGHT SPOTS IN DARK TIMES: The world is hard right now, but there’s still good news out there
LISTEN TO THE CORONAVIRUS PODCAST: New episodes every week, including interviews with experts and reporters
HAVE A TIP?: Send us confidential news tips
GET THE DAYSTARTER MORNING UPDATE: Sign up to receive the most up-to-date information, six days a week
We’re working hard to bring you the latest news on the coronavirus in Florida. This effort takes a lot of resources to gather and update. If you haven’t already subscribed, please consider buying a print or digital subscription.