COMMUNITY BAG PROGRAM: United Way of Hernando County has been selected as the September beneficiary of the Winn Dixie Community Bag Program at the Winn Dixie at 2240 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. United Way will receive $1 for each purchase of the $2.50 community reusable bag throughout September, unless otherwise directed by the customer. For information on United Way of Hernando County, visit unitedwayhernando.org. For further information on the Community Bag Program, visit seg.bags4mycause.com.
BENEFIT FOR HUMANE SOCIETY: Raymond James Financial Services will host an event to benefit the Humane Society at 12:30 p.m. Oct. 2, at Southern Hills Plantation Club, 4200 Summit View Drive, Brooksville. The event will include a seminar and complimentary lunch. The seminar will be presented by Basil Allison, Raymond James branch manager in Spring Hill, who will discuss how to determine if you are allocated properly in your portfolio, if you need a repair strategy, and how retirees can seek to help preserve their assets. There is no cost, but a donation to the Humane Society is appreciated. Reservations are required. For information or to RSVP, call (352) 596-1530.
RIBBON CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon-cutting for Acti-Kare at noon Sept. 18, at 7284 Sunshine Grove Road, west of Brooksville. Call Patria Dye, (813) 802-1729.
CHAMBER EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have the following events and committee meetings:
• Operation Outreach Committee, 9 a.m. Sept. 17, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville.
• Off the Clock Connections mixer, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 19, at Papa Joe’s Italian Restaurant, 6244 Spring Lake Highway, east of Brooksville. There is no cost, but reservations are highly encouraged.
• Membership meeting, 7:15 a.m. Sept. 25, at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane. The speaker is Oak Hill Hospital CEO Mickey Smith. The cost for those who register by Sept. 23 is $15 members, $20 guests, payable at the door. Those who do not register by the deadline pay $20 at the door.
For information or to register for any of the meetings, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandchamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 17, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Opportunities in Franchises, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Results-Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 1, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Strategic Planning for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 7, SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 8, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 9, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City; 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 16, at South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday; or 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 18, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 9, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes.
• Developing a Non-Profit Board, 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 29, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.