K9 PARTNERS FOR PATRIOTS NAMES NEW CEO: The K9 Partners for Patriots Board of Directors has named Ron Flaville the organization’s new chief executive officer. The appointment of Flaville, who was the chief operating officer, came at the recommendation of the nonprofit organization’s founder and CEO Mary Peter. Flaville was the first veteran to complete the K9 Partners for Patriots program. Peter is executive director of training operations. The organization’s mission is to empower veterans and active military with post traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury and military sexual trauma through the experience of training and caring for their own service dog. To learn more, visit k9partnersforpatriots.com.
CHAMBER MEETINGS, EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following:
• Monthly membership meeting, 7:15 a.m. Oct. 23, at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. The speaker is Brad O’Connor, chief economist for Florida Realtors. The sponsor is Century 21 Alliance Realty — Marilyn Pearson-Adams. $15 for members who register in advance, $20 at the door. Preregistration ends at 4:30 p.m. Oct. 21.
• Advancing Your Mission — Nonprofit Workshop, 8 to 10 a.m. Nov. 7, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. This free training workshop is open to all businesses, offering tips, tools and information to impact the community and produce results. The topic is “Technologies that Make Work Life Easier.” There will be a “tech swap” opportunity. Contact the Chamber to register.
For information or to RSVP for a meeting, call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
HOSPITAL HOSTS HEALTH SYMPOSIUM: Oak Hill Hospital will host its For Your Health community education series with a symposium, “The Latest Treatments for Chronic Pain of the Shoulders, Elbows, Feet and Ankles,” from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 30 at Heritage Pines Country Club, 11524 Scenic Hills Road, Hudson. Doors open at 4:45 p.m. The panel includes Dr. Dragomir Mijic, who specializes in shoulders, elbows and general orthopaedics; and Dr. Dolfi Herscovici, a trained foot and ankle specialist. A complimentary hot meal will be served. The program is free, but seating is limited and reservations are required. RSVP to (352) 597-6333.
RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have the following ribbon cuttings:
• USA Benefits Group, noon Oct. 18, at 404 Suzanne Drive, Spring Hill. Call Jessica Banville, (352) 835-7405.
• United States Army, noon Oct. 24, at 7028 Coastal Blvd., Suite 101, Spring Hill. Call Sgt. Kenneth Anton, (352) 592-4329.
• Norvell Photography, noon Oct. 30, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call John Constantino, (781) 664-0333.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Developing a Non-Profit Board, 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 29, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
RESIDENTS RECEPTION: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the 19th annual Hernando County Residents Reception from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 6 at Pasco-Hernando State College, 450 Beverly Court, Spring Hill. There will be local vendors and businesses, restaurants, government offices and law enforcement. There will be performances from local theater groups and other entertainment, as well as free samples of restaurants’ signature items. Admission is free. Call the chamber for details, (352) 796-0697.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.