DOCTOR NAMED BUSINESSWOMAN OF THE YEAR: Access Health Care Physician’s chief medical director, Manjusri Vennamaneni, MD, recently was recognized as “Businesswoman of the Year” by the Indo-US Chamber of Commerce. The award was presented to Dr. Vennamaneni at its Banyan Ball at Armature Works in Tampa. She was chosen for the award for her accomplishments during her years practicing in Hernando County. She initiated the first Accountable Care Organization in the county, was recognized by Optimum Health Care with a 5-star rating (highest rating) as chief quality director, and helped to develop the first Third Party Administrator in Hernando County. Dr. Vennamaneni practices at the main Access office at 5350 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
DOCTOR ASQUITH JOINS ACCESS: Access Health Care Physicians welcomes Johanna Gilbreath Asquith, MD, to its medical staff. Dr. Asquith specializes in infectious diseases and practices at 14690 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call the office at (352) 799-4206.
CHAMBER MEETINGS, EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following:
• Technology Committee presents Cyber Security Workshop, 9 to 11 a.m. Oct. 29, at Pasco-Hernando State College Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court, Rao Musunuru, MD, Conference Center, Room B-105, Spring Hill.
• Advancing Your Mission — Nonprofit Workshop, 8 to 10 a.m. Nov. 7, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. This free training workshop is open to all businesses, offering tips, tools and information to impact the community and produce results. The topic is “Technologies that Make Work Life Easier.” There will be a “tech swap” opportunity. Contact the Chamber to register.
For information or to RSVP for a meeting, call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
RIBBON CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon cutting for Norvell Photography at noon Oct. 30, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call John Constantino, (781) 664-0333.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Developing a Nonprofit Board, 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 29, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• E Marketing Concepts, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Also Nov. 19 at the SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
• How to Apply for a Nonprofit Grant, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 6, at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 20, at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 26 at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.