ANESTHESIOLOGY RESIDENTS RECOGNIZED: Oak Hill Hospital anesthesiology residents recently returned from participating in the American Society of Anesthesiologists annual meeting in Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center. Each year, the ASA hosts more than 14,000 anesthesiology professionals from around the world. Four of Oak Hill Hospital’s Graduate Medical Education anesthesiology residents had their research accepted for presentation and display. Oak Hill Hospital’s program is under the direction of program director Jeffrey Huang, MD.
BUSINESS COLLECTING FOR TOYS FOR TOTS: The Wireless Zone at 7272 Broad St., Brooksville, has partnered with the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots campaign to collect new toys for less fortunate children in the area during Christmas. A box is in the store now through the end of the season for donations.
7-ELEVEN GRAND OPENING: A grand opening celebration is planned from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 22 at the new 7-Eleven store at 904 Broad St., Brooksville. There will be fresh food sampling, free coffee and Big Gulp drinks, and 50-cent hot dogs and pizza slices. Radio station 103.9, The Boot, will be on site from noon to 3 p.m.
HEALTH SEMINAR: Oak Hill Hospital will host an education series for those living with congestive heart failure. Meetings are from 3 to 4 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday in the sixth-floor South Tower family waiting area at the hospital, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. The next meeting is Nov. 26. Classes are led by Lisa Cierpka, care assure patient nurse navigator and certified case manager. There is no cost. Call (352) 597-6333 to register, or visit oakhillhospital.com/foryourhealth.
RESIDENTS RECEPTION: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the 19th-annual Hernando County Residents Reception from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 6 at Pasco-Hernando State College, 450 Beverly Court, Spring Hill. There will be local vendors and businesses, restaurants, government offices and law enforcement participating. Local restaurants will offer free samples of their signature items. There will be performances from local theaters and other entertainers. Admission is free. Call the chamber at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host its monthly membership meeting at 7:15 a.m. Nov. 29 at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. First-responders will be honored at this meeting. Sponsored by Bayfront Health and Hits 106. Pay $20 at the door. Call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon cutting at noon Nov. 26 at Peak Financials Coaching, 1379 Kass Circle, Spring Hill. Call Shawn May, (352) 678-0017.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE will host a free small-business seminar, Basic QuickBooks, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 26 at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. To register or for informatoin, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.