PHARMACY RELOCATES: Pinebrook Pharmacy has relocated to 14111 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, next to Glory Days restaurant. The pharmacy is open seven days a week and now offers a drive-thru window for customer convenience. Pinebrook Pharmacy, owned by Gautam Thakkar, has four locations in Hernando County. Other locations include 11373 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill (inside Oak Hill Hospital); 5340 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill; and 10507 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call (352) 610-4347, email to gautam2pinebrookpharmacy.com or visit pinebrookpharmacy.com.
DOCTOR RECEIVES ‘FELLOW’ RECOGNITION: Michael W. Higgins, DO, recently attended the 2019 fall meeting of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics, which recently recognized the local physician as a fellow. Dr. Higgins is a senior board examiner for the academy and provides training for residents in the Oak Hill Hospital Graduate Medical Education Program. Dr. Higgins specializes in non-operative and operative management of general orthopaedic conditions and the spine. He sees patients at 4055 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill. Visit HernandoSpine.com.
BUSINESSES COLLECTING FOR TOYS FOR TOTS: The following businesses are collecting new, unwrapped toys for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots campaign to benefit less-fortunate children in the area during Christmas:
• The Wireless Zone, 7272 Broad St., Brooksville
• Discovery Point Silverthorn, 14281 Odyssey Road, Spring Hill.
CHAMBER HAPPENINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will conduct the following:
• Operation Outreach Committee meeting, 9 a.m. Dec. 17, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call the chamber at (352) 796-0697.
• Ribbon-cutting at Life Primary School, noon Dec. 19, at 6001 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Frank Zayas, (352) 488-8850
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.