ACCESS HEALTH CARE ANNOUNCEMENTS: Access Health Care Physicians have announced the following:
• Olakunle Ajibola, MD, has relocated his practice to 3480 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Dr. Ajibola is board-certified in family medicine. Call (352) 600-7900.
• Jatin Sheth, MD, board-certified in family medicine, and his team have achieved renewed recognition under the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition Program. Dr. Sheth’s office is at 920 W Jefferson St., Brooksville. Call (352) 796-8824.
DISC MINI WORKSHOP: The Business and Professional Women of Hernando County will host a DiSC Awareness Mini-Workshop at a dinner and meeting at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 28 at The Bistro, 10 N Main St., Brooksville. The program will be presented by Charlotte Edwards of Training Solutions. DiSC is a personal assessment tool that describes an individual’s strengths, weaknesses and personal management preferences. Those wishing to attend should RSVP by Jan. 24 to Amy Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org. A DiSC personal survey should be printed and completed and brought to the meeting. The cost for the dinner meeting is $20 for members, $25 for nonmembers.
HEALTH LECTURE: A digestive health lecture will be provided Jan. 28 at Get Healthy Brooksville, 1254 S Broad St., Brooksville. Refreshments will be at 6 p.m., and the lecture begins at 6:30 p.m. The lecture is geared for those who suffer from irritable-bowel syndrom, gas and bloating, reflux, constipation or other digestive problems. The speaker is Brenda Watson, who will discuss the digestive system, gut immunity and what one can do to improve overall health. The program is free. RSVP to (352) 796-9798.
CHAMBER MEETINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following. To RSVP, call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com:
• Operation Outreach Committee, 9 a.m. Jan. 21, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville.
• Membership meeting, 7:15 a.m. Jan. 22, at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. The speaker is Frank Morsani, a leading Tampa Bay philanthropist, businessman and communicating leader. $15 for members who preregister before 4:30 p.m. Jan. 20, $20 guests and members at the door.
TALLAHASSEE-BOUND: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce is organizing a Hernando Day at the Capitol for Jan. 29 in Tallahassee. Join community leaders participating in opportunities, including: speakers from the state Senate and House, Florida Chamber and others; visit Florida’s historic capitol; attend House or Senate committee meeting; tour House or Senate chambers and observe sessions. The day includes a luncheon at the Capitol and session updates. The cost is $60 per person, with complimentary chartered bus transportation. Those attending must be 18 or older. The bus departs from the Chamber office at 7 a.m., and departs Tallahassee at 4 p.m. Call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The following ribbon-cuttings are planned with the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce:
• Adventures in Music, noon Jan. 17, 12503 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Richard Holley, (352) 293-3770.
• Weeki Washee Car Wash and Detail Center, noon Jan. 23, 12125 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Frank Sparaco, (352) 600-7813.
• Grandpa Stan’s All Natural, noon Jan. 28, 13155 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Stanley Jakubowski, (352) 888-7555.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars. Unless otherwise specified, seminars are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.:
• Introduction to Small Business Taxes, Jan. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, Jan. 21, Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2918 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 21, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Apply for a Nonprofit Grant, Jan. 22, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Open to all at no cost. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.