ZAXBY’S SET TO OPEN: After many construction delays, the second Brooksville Zaxby’s is nearing completion and is tentatively scheduled to open Feb. 10 at 837 Broad St. The restaurant is the eighth opened by Zaxby’s licensee Brad Harper, who also owns the Zaxby’s on Cortez Boulevard in eastern Brooksville (near Ridge Manor West), which opened last April. The 2,931-square-foot farmhouse-style restaurant has seating for 68 patrons, and will provide about 40 jobs. Those interested in applying for a position may visit the restaurant. Harper’s other locations are in Marion and Pasco counties. Visit zaxbys.com.
ACCESS EMPLOYEES RECOGNIZED: Access Health Care Physicians recognized its employees in Hernando, Pasco, Citrus, Pinellas and Hillsborough counties at the annual ACES event (Access Celebrates Excellent Service), a gala affair held at Silverthorn Country Club. Winners, nominated by their team members, were awarded a certificate, trophy and eight hours of paid time off. They include: Best Attitude, Alicia Sirico; Best Co-Worker, Marisol Colon; Best Skills, Yolanda Thomas; Dirty Job Award, Ashley Lutz; Most Dependable, Robert Prezioso; Most Hospitable, Caridad Perez; Most Humble, Jackie Santana; Most Tactful, Melissa Coe; Most Teachable, Shannon Cook; Participation, Daisy Aponte; Person of Integrity, Marinna Mihan; Ray of Sunshine, Tassandra Jean Marie; Team Player, Yamaly Rodriguez; Unsung Hero, Lizbet Casilla Hernandez; HIPAA Hero, Lexus Fredenburg.
HEART HEALTH SEMINAR: Oak Hill Hospital will present “Matters of the Heart: A-Fib and Abnormal Heart Rhythms” from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Feb. 11 at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. Presented by Scott F. Lee, MD, who is board-certified in electrophysiology. A complimentary dinner will be served. Seating is limited and reservations required. RSVP to (352) 597-6333.
HOPS FOR HOPE FUNDRAISER: Oak Hill Hospital will have a HOPS for Hope fundraiser from 6 p.m. to closing Feb. 14 at Marker 48 brewery, 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. A percentage of the total sales of the evening will benefit the Hope Fund. There will be two food trucks, Pig Daddy and Nina Cucina Wood Fired Pizza, both which will donate a percentage of their sales to the fund. There will be performances by The Actual Bank Robbers, as well as chance drawings and a 50-50 raffle. For information, contact Heather Bemis at the hospital, firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 597-6020.
CHAMBER MEETINGS, EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following:
• Technology Committee at 8 a.m., Networking Committee at 8:30 a.m. and Diplomat Committee at 4 p.m. Feb. 13, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville.
• Lunch with Lee Corso, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 25, at Southern Hills Plantation Club, 4200 Summit View Drive, Brooksville. Appropriate country club attire required (no jeans). The retired college football head coach has been a featured analyst at ESPN’s College GameDay program since its inception in 1987. Tickets are $30.
• 2nd-annual Hernando Home and Garden Show, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 29, at Sand Hill Scout Reservation, 11210 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Featuring everything for home and garden needs, from realtors to cleaning companies, cabinets to flooring, as well as lawn care. Free admission.
Visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following ribbon cuttings:
• Early Learning Coalition of Pasco and Hernando Counties/The Promise Institute, 9 a.m. Feb. 7, 15506 County Line Road. Call Melinda Velez, (727) 233-8291.
• Dynasty Collision and Auto Repair, noon Feb. 12, 11251 Commercial Way, Weeki Wachee. Call Shannon Rodriguez, (352) 597-5061.
• Oak Hill Hospital NICU, 5 p.m. Feb. 18, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Katie Stacy, (352) 597-6317.
• Firestone Complete Auto Care, 11:30 a.m. Feb. 21, 12400 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Tim Williams, (512) 423-3722.
• Bayfront Health Urgent Care - Timber Pines, noon Feb. 25, 2703 Forest Road, Spring Hill. Call Jennifer Siem, (352) 797-4645.
• Kevin Hohn Campaign for Hernando County Commission, District 5, noon Feb. 27, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Kevin Hohn, (352) 442-2262.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars. Unless otherwise specified, seminars are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Website Creation Made Easy, Feb. 10, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, Feb. 11, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, Feb. 12, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Value Your Business, Feb. 18, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Launch Your Business with YouTube, Feb. 20, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results-Based Marketing, Feb. 25, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Bring a bag lunch. No cost, open to all. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.