PHARMACY’S FOUNDER JOINS PREMIER COUNCIL: The founder/owner of the Pine Brook Pharmacy chain, Gautam Thakkar, is the newest member of the Patient and Community Advisory Council for Premier Community Healthcare. Premier is a nonprofit community health center that offers medical, dental, behavioral health and supplemental health care services for those in need, in all stages of life. The council recently launched to increase community engagement and bring a wide variety of expertise and community advisors together to help build awareness, advise on new and expanded services, and ultimately to help fulfill the mission of Premier, ensuring accessible healthcare services for all.
HOSPITAL BOARD OF TRUSTEES: Oak Hill Hospital announced its board of trustees for 2020: Deborah Tracy, MD, has been elected the new chairperson; Col. Curt Ebitz, U.S. Army retired, is vice chairperson; and David Gonzalez, district manager of Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, has been appointed as a new member. The board also congratulated Sue Stoops, former chair, on completing her third consecutive term. Other members include: Angie Bonfardino-Walasek, United Way of Hernando County; Donna Burdzinski, Pasco-Hernando State College provost, North Campus; Guesly Delva, MD, infectious disease; Michael Moore, DO, Florida Cardiology Group; Daniel Moynihan, MD, West Coast Musculoskeletal Institute; Elizabeth Pohl, provost, retired; Mallik Piduru, MD, West Coast Surgical Associates; and Randy Woodruff, certified public accountant, Suncoast CPA Group.
HOPS FOR HOPE FUNDRAISER: Oak Hill Hospital will have a HOPS for Hope fundraiser from 6 p.m. to closing Feb. 14 at Marker 48 brewery, 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. A percentage of the total sales of the evening will benefit the Hope Fund. There will be two food trucks, Pig Daddy and Nina Cucina Wood Fired Pizza, both which will donate a percentage of their sales to the fund. There will be performances by The Actual Bank Robbers, as well as chance drawings and a 50-50 raffle. For information, contact Heather Bemis at the hospital, email@example.com or (352) 597-6020.
CHAMBER MEETINGS, EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following:
• Operation Outreach Committee, 9 a.m. Feb. 18; LINC Committee-Hernando Under 40, 9 a.m. Feb. 20, both at the chamber, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville.
• Off the Clock Connections, 5:30 p.m. Feb. 18, at Oak Hill Hospital, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Free, but reservations highly recommended.
• Lunch with Lee Corso, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 25, at Southern Hills Plantation Club, 4200 Summit View Drive, Brooksville. Appropriate country club attire required (no jeans). The retired college football head coach has been a featured analyst at ESPN’s College GameDay program since its inception in 1987. Tickets are $30.
• 2nd-annual Hernando Home and Garden Show, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 29, at Sand Hill Scout Reservation, 11210 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Featuring everything for home and garden needs, from realtors to cleaning companies, cabinets to flooring, as well as lawn care. Free admission.
Visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following ribbon cuttings:
• Oak Hill Hospital NICU, 5 p.m. Feb. 18, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Katie Stacy, (352) 597-6317.
• Firestone Complete Auto Care, 11:30 a.m. Feb. 21, 12400 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Tim Williams, (512) 423-3722.
• Bayfront Health Urgent Care - Timber Pines, noon Feb. 25, 2703 Forest Road, Spring Hill. Call Jennifer Siem, (352) 797-4645.
• Kevin Hohn Campaign for Hernando County Commission, District 5, noon Feb. 27, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Kevin Hohn, (352) 442-2262.
LOOK AHEAD: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the 2020 Chamber Golf Tournament March 19 at Brooksville Country Club at Majestic Oaks, 23446 Links Drive, Brooksville. Registration at 8 a.m., shotgun start at 9 a.m. Teams pay $400 (individuals players not part of a team pay $110). Includes breakfast, golf and a luncheon. Sponsorships are available. Visit hernandochamber.com or call LIsa Callea at (352) 593-9979.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars. Unless otherwise specified, seminars are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• How to Value Your Business, Feb. 18, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Launch Your Business with YouTube, Feb. 20, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results-Based Marketing, Feb. 25, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Bring a bag lunch. No cost, open to all. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.