ACCESS WELCOMES DOCTOR, DIETITIAN: Access Health Care Physicians welcomes the following doctors to its practice: Adisa Dzudza-Sunjic, MD, will practice at 5382 Lake in the Woods Drive, Spring Hill. She has been practicing internal medicine in the Tampa Bay area since 2005 and holds the certifications in diabetes and heart/stroke care. Dr. Dzudza-Sunjic speaks English, Italian, Spanish, Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian. Call the office at (352) 688-8116. Registered and licensed dietitian Carla Danesi has joined the practice at 5382 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. She welcomes new patients ages 18 through geriatrics, including walk-ins. Danesi specializes in weight loss, malnutrition, renal issues, diabetes and cardiovascular issues. Call the office at (352) 200-2190.
BREWERY OFFERS ‘PASSPORT’ PROGRAM: Marker 48 Brewing is offering its Small Batch Beer Passport Program for 2020. It includes Marker 48′s brewers and select guest brewers who have committed to making 48 different small-batch beers, one new beer every week. Patrons may purchase “passport” books for $100, which include 48 free beers (one for each new beer). Prizes will be awarded at the end of the year for those who have all 48 stamps. For full details or to purchase the book, stop by Marker 48 at 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, or visit its Facebook page.
HOSPITAL EXPANSION: Oak Hill Hospital is opening a 10-private suite, Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on Feb. 26, and had a 60 private room expansion in the hospital’s the North Tower at 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. The neonatal facility is under the direction of Raquel Ferreira, director of women’s services, who is a registered nurse certified in neonatal intensive care.
QUIT SMOKING PROGRAM: Access Health Care Physicians has partnered with Gulfcoast North Area Health Education Center to offer the free “Tools to Quit” seminar to help tobacco users quit. The seminar will be from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 26 at 5350 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Four free weeks of patches, gum or lozenges will be available while supplies last. The program is sponsored by Tobacco Free Florida. The program will be conducted by Sheena Thompson, a certified tobacco treatment specialist. Space is limited; to reserve a seat, call (813) 929-1000.
JOB FAIR: Access Health Care Physicians and Access Management Company, will host a job fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 26 at the WellCome OM Integral Healing and Education Center, 4242 Lake in the Woods Drive, Spring Hill. Multiple positions are available and sign-on bonuses are available for qualified positions. Job seekers should bring their resumes. For information, call (352) 277-5304.
CHAMBER MEETINGS, EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following events and meetings. For details, Visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Training Committee, 8 a.m. Feb. 25, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive.
• Lunch with Lee Corso, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 25, at Southern Hills Plantation Club, 4200 Summit View Drive, Brooksville. Appropriate country club attire required (no jeans). The retired college football head coach has been a featured analyst at ESPN’s College GameDay program since its inception in 1987. Tickets are $30.
• Membership meeting, 7:15 a.m. Feb. 26, at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. The speaker is Hernando County Schools superintendent John Stratton. The meeting is sponsored by the Hernando County Education Foundation. The cost is $15 members, $20 guests. Preregistration ends at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 24; after, the cost for members is $20 at the door.
• 2nd-annual Hernando Home and Garden Show, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 29, at Sand Hill Scout Reservation, 11210 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Featuring everything for home and garden needs, from realtors to cleaning companies, cabinets to flooring, as well as lawn care. Free admission. Call the Chamber for vendor opportunities.
RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following ribbon cuttings:
• Firestone Complete Auto Care, 11:30 a.m. Feb. 21, 12400 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Tim Williams, (512) 423-3722.
• Bayfront Health Urgent Care - Timber Pines, noon Feb. 25, 2703 Forest Road, Spring Hill. Call Jennifer Siem, (352) 797-4645.
• Kevin Hohn Campaign for Hernando County Commission, District 5, noon Feb. 27, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Kevin Hohn, (352) 442-2262.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE will present a free small-business seminar, Results-Based Marketing, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 25, at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Bring a bag lunch. No cost, open to all. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.