EMPLOYERS NEEDED FOR JOB FAIR: Pasco-Hernando State College, CareerSource Pasco Hernando, the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce and Hernando County Office of Economic Development are seeking employers to participate in the Open for All — Paychecks for Patriots Job and Internship Fair from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 7 at the PHSC Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court, Spring Hill. Doors open at 9 a.m. for veterans and 9:30 a.m. for the public. Local employers interested in promoting open positions and future opportunities with emphasis on manufacturing and health care jobs will meet and greet veterans, PHSC students and student veterans, and other community members seeking employment. The job fair is open to the public. For information, email Breanna Perry, PHSC coordinator of career services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENJOY A TREAT, HELP GRANT A CHILD'S WISH: Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar will hold a fundraiser to support Make-A-Wish through Oct. 7. Local restaurants at: 10601 County Line Road, Spring Hill; 4651 Commercial Way, Spring Hill; and 20090 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish for each Triple Chocolate Meltdown or Southern Apple Fritter dessert purchased.
LONGHORN STEAKHOUSE TO OPEN: LongHorn Steakhouse will open its newest location, 12350 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, on Oct. 2 with a lasso cutting. Guests can dine at the new restaurant at 3 p.m. for dinner. On Oct. 3, regular hours begin starting at 11 a.m. The restaurant will be led by Jeremy Coolidge, managing partner. The 5,927-square-foot restaurant can seat more than 200 guests and will create more than 60 new jobs for the community.
DOCTOR JOINS MEDICAL PRACTICE: Dr. Olakunle Ajibola recently joined the medical staff at Access Health Care Physicians. He practices at 5350 Spring Hill Drive and 10494 Northcliffe Blvd., both in Spring Hill. Dr. Ajibola is board-certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. For information, call (352) 688-8116.
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY: The Huddle House, 1170 S Broad St., Brooksville, will celebrate Customer Appreciation Day from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sept. 29. Customers will receive 50 percent off their food bill. The event includes door prizes and a drawing.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have four ribbon-cuttings in the coming week:
• LongHorn Steakhouse, 12350 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, 2 p.m. Oct. 2. Call Elizabeth Katona, (407) 657-4818.
• Kane Law, P.A., 13218 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, noon Oct. 2. Call Christina Kane, (352) 515-0101.
• HealthSouth/Encompass Home Health, 12440 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, 9 a.m. Oct. 4. Call Sydney Bushman, (352) 592-4287.
• Flava Shack Italian Ice, 3163 Aerial Way, Spring Hill, south of Brooksville, noon Oct. 4. Call Michele Caldarera, (352) 232-7331.
DOWNTOWN BROOKSVILLE NOW: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Downtown Brooksville NOW group will meet at 7:30 a.m. Oct. 3 at Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Representatives from Visit Florida and Brooksville Main Street will provide updates. William Burnham, Small Business Development Center, will speak. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com. For info, call (352) 796-0697.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Start a Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 2, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Utilizing YouTube for Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 10, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Tax Implications for Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 11, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Sept. 28, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. Oct. 1, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 1, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Oct. 2, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• HealthCare Monthly Networking Connection: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 2, Atria Evergreen Woods, 7030 Evergreen Woods Trail, Spring Hill. The event is sponsored by Spring Hill Dental Associates. The speaker will be Dr. Alene Wright and registered nurse Cheryl Whitman, Oak Hill Hospital. $15 for pre-registered members, $20 guests at the door. To register, visit hernandochamber.com.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Oct. 3, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Oct. 4, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 3131 13th Ave. North, FL 33713. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Call (352) 848-1438.