More than 200 of Hillsborough County’s top high school seniors from 35 public and private schools accepted an invitation to share their accomplishments and take part in an essay contest through the 2021 R.F. “Red” Pittman Tribune Scholars program. Their profiles and essays are published here, just as the students submitted them. To search all schools, click here.
Samuel W. Sainsbury
School activities and accomplishments:
- Member, mission trip to Ventura, California, in 2019; and to Gulf Breeze, Florida, in late May--early June 2021.
- Lettered in flag football (two years) and basketball (one year), basketball manager junior year.
- Second grade teacher’s aide.
- Student body Vice President/Homecoming organizer 2021 term.
- Fine Arts 2021 State Competition first place Still Life and Macro Photography, Reader’s Theatre, Class A Band, English Testing, and Topical Preaching
- Providence Baptist Church choir member, orchestra member, and children’s church teacher.
College or other post-high school plans:
Undeclared course of study, Pensacola Christian College.
It is up to the individual to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. While rules are in place, in is the individual’s responsibility to decide how he will safeguard himself.
Each person has a unique immune system and should seek to find the best way to protect himself and those he with whom he frequently comes in contact. For some who are high risk, this may be staying at home and relying on others to take care of their needs. If one is low risk, he may be able to go about his daily life but must be aware of others around him. While wearing masks may help, it is up to individuals to make healthy decisions.
Washing hands and practicing healthy habits will help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. If individuals begin building up their immune systems, they will be less likely to contract the virus. If needed, one can take the vaccination shot to protect himself, but another with a good immune system may be better off not getting vaccinated. To stop the lasting effect of the coronavirus, each individual must do his part to keep himself and others safe.