APARTMENT COMMUNITY BREAKS GROUND: Housing Trust Group has closed on financing and has broken ground on Osprey Pointe, a 110-unit affordable apartment community at 13021 U.S. 301 in Dade City. There will be 99 units set aside for residents earning at or below 60 percent of the Pasco County median income, and 11 units set aside for those earning at or below 40 percent of median income. Rents will range from $502 to $1,044 per month. The property is scheduled to have units available by April 2020.
TRANSWESTERN SELLS OFFICE CAMPUS: Transwestern Commercial Services announced it closed the $9.08 million sale of the Counsel Square Office Campus, an eight-building, 11,757-square-foot office park at 7545-7627 Little Road in New Port Richey. The office park is 71-percent leased, with 68 percent of tenancy from high-credit government leases.
BLAZE PIZZA OPENS: Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza announced the opening of a second location in the Tampa Bay area. Trinity Blaze Pizza opened Oct. 7 at 3194 Word Way, in Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity (near Home Goods and Michael’s). The pizzeria is 2,500 squarefeet and offers seating for more than 70 inside, with nearly 20 additional seats on a covered outdoor patio. Hours are 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. daily, and the new restaurant has created 50 local jobs. The first location opened in Lutz in January. Along with 11-inch individual-sized pizzas, the Trinity restaurant will offer Blaze’s new, larger 14-inch sharable pizzas for delivery and carryout, available exclusively by ordering online or through the Blaze Pizza App. The new Trinity Blaze Pizza aims to build strong roots in the community by offering an in-restaurant fundraiser program that returns 20 percent of an event’s proceeds back to local organizations.
BOAT CLUB EXPANDS TO PASCO: Freedom Boat Club, the nation’s largest boat club and boat club franchiser, has announced its 200th franchise location. Glenn Bergoffen, owner of the Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay franchise, has added two locations on the Pithlachascotee River, at 5400 Baylea Ave., and 4800 Ebbtide Lane, both in Port Richey. Freedom Boat Club has 200 locations in 31 states, Canada and Europe. The club serves more than 20,000 memberships and has a fleet of more than 2,000 boats. Visit freedomboatclub.com for details.
HEALING TOUCH CELEBRATES 20 YEARS: Owner Lori Ellis and her team at Healing Touch Skin Care and Wellness Center recently celebrated 20 years in business. The company is at 3016 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. Healing Touch offers services from lymphatic rejuvenation and bamboo massage to foot reflexology and chemical peels. Call (813) 909-7376 or visit healingtouchskincare.com.
DOCTOR JOINS ACCESS HEALTH CARE: Access Health Care Physicians welcomes Monica Esposito, DO, to its medical staff. Dr. Esposito is board certified in family medicine and osteopathic manipulative treatment. She joins Dr. David Herndon’s expanding practice at 5500 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call (727) 372-1005.
GIRLS’ NIGHT OUT: Medical Center of Trinity will host its annual “Girls’ Night Out” from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 15 at the center, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity. This is an interactive, educational and fun event for women. There will be education stations, medical professionals on hand, interactive activities and shopping with vendors, and samplings of signature dishes from a variety of restaurants. Reservations are required and space is limited. RSVP to (727) 834-5630 or email@example.com.
CULVER’S SCOOPIE NIGHT: A fundraiser for Sunrise of Pasco will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 15 at Culver’s at 6386 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The restaurant will donate 10 percent of proceeds made that evening to the nonprofit organization that provides shelter and services to victims of domestic violence. Patrons are to mention Sunrise of Pasco when making an order. For information on Sunrise, call (352) 521-3358 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRYSTAL LAKE GRAND OPENING: The Crystal Lake grand opening “Spooktacular” will be Oct. 24 at the Crystal Lake Clubhouse, 4604 Lake Crystal Blvd, Zephyrhills. Pizza and refreshments will be at 11 a.m., a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 12:30 p.m., and a sales presentation with giveaways at 1 p.m. Some of the giveaways include a flat-screen television, restaurant gift card and Home Depot gift card. Those who RSVP by Oct. 18 will receive a raffle ticket. Call (813) 715-1505.
SUNCOAST WOMENS LUNCH: Suncoast Women in Networking will host a luncheon Oct. 15 at Beef O’Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Networking will be at 11:30 a.m., and the luncheon is at noon. Visitors are welcome. Jonathan Fister, the new chief executive officer for the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind will speak. The Lighthouse will have a grand opening of its new facilities at 9130 Ridge Road, on Oct. 24; it will include a ribbon-cutting, tours of the facility and a celebration.
ADVENTHEALTH SEMINARS: Saying Goodbye to GERD! will be presented 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 16 at AdventHealth Dade City, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City (in Classrooms 107 and 108). Naga Thatimatla, MD, a general and bariatric surgeon, will discuss the Linx Reflux Management System, a new surgical option that eliminates symptoms caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease. Free blood pressure screenings will be offered from 11 to 11:45 a.m., with the program beginning at noon. RSVP to 833-300-2371 or visit adventhealthdadecity.com.
TOPICS @ TWELVE: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will present “Topics @ Twelve" from noon to 1 p.m. Oct. 18 at Zephyrhills City Hall, 5335 Eighth St. The program will be on understanding credit, sponsored by Suncoast Credit Union and featuring Kyle Neff, service center manager. The cost is $10, which includes lunch. Call (813) 782-1913, email email@example.com or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
SMARTSTART CLASSES: A free class, “Growing Your Influence Through Social Media,” will be presented from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 16 at the West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. It will be offered again from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. Call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 16, at South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday; or 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 18, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes.
• Developing a Non-Profit Board, 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 29, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Overachievers Chapter: 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesdays at Myrtle Lake Baptist Church, 2017 Reigler Road, Land O’ Lakes. Call (813) 317-5556 or visit facebook.com/bnioverachievers.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.