HOSPITAL NAMES NEW CEO: HCA West Florida has announced that Regina Temple is the new president and CEO for Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. She joins the hospital from San Antonio, Texas, where she held executive leadership roles with the Baptist Health System for the past three years, and was president of Mission Trail Baptist Hospital. She is a board-certified hospital administrator with more than 27 years experience. Temple has a doctorate from Walden University, a master’s in public administration from the University of West Florida and a bachelor of nursing degree from the University of South Alabama.
HOSPITAL OFFERS VALET SERVICE: To create better access to its Emergency Department, Morton Plant North Bay Hospital has started a valet service at the building. The service is available from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays. For patients unable to drive, the hospital offers a free van service called CareLift. This service offers transportation to and from medical appointments, as well as rides for patients being discharged from the hospital. The hospital is at 6600 Madison St., New Port Richey. To schedule service, call (727) 859-4730.
U-HAUL DEALER OPENS: Starkey Boulevard Storage has signed on as a U-Haul neighborhood dealer to serve the New Port Richey community. The business, at 9854 Decubellis Road, will offer U-Haul trucks, moving supplies and boxes. Normal business hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays. The business offers U-Haul Truck Share 24/7, which allows customers to conduct transactions on their smart phones at any hour, any day. Call Starkey Boulevard Storage at (727) 842-8416.
FREE IMMUNIZATIONS: AdventHealth Dade City and AdventHealth Zephyrhills are partnering with the Florida Department of Health in Pasco County to provide free immunizations. The flu vaccine will be available to anyone six months and older. Those who are 19 or older also can get the first of two hepatitis A vaccines; the second vaccine will be needed in April 2020 at the Pasco County Department of Health (which also will be free). The immunizations will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis, and no reservations will be taken. No insurance is needed. The immunizations will be offered on two dates:
• Noon to 5 p.m. Oct. 24, at East Pasco Seventh Day Adventist Church, 7333 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills.
• 8 a.m. to noon Oct. 26, at Dade City Senior Center, 13853 15th St., Dade City.
For details, visit AHDadeCity.com or AHZephyrhills.com.
HOSPITAL SEMINARS: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will offer the following at the Rao Musunuru, MD, Conference Center, 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson:
• Tuesday Tutorial, 11:30 a.m. Oct. 22. The topic is “Your Teeth Matter: Integrating Oral Health and Primary Care,” presented by two doctors with Premier Community HealthCare: Delisa Heron, MD, chief medical officer; and Jose Peralta, DDS, dental and associate medical director. A complimentary lunch will be offered. There is no cost, but seating is limited and reservations are required.
• Weight management informational seminar, 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 23, . Conducted by Dr. Donald Fridley II, who specializes in general and bariatric surgery. There is no cost to attend and healthy refreshments will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required.
For information or to RSVP for either program, call (727) 869-5498.
CRYSTAL LAKE GRAND OPENING: The Crystal Lake grand opening “Spooktacular” will be Oct. 24 at the Crystal Lake Clubhouse, 4604 Lake Crystal Blvd., Zephyrhills. Pizza and refreshments will be at 11 a.m., a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 12:30 p.m., and a sales presentation with giveaways at 1 p.m. Some of the giveaways include a flat-screen television, restaurant gift card and Home Depot gift card. Those who RSVP by Oct. 18 will receive a raffle ticket. Call (813) 715-1505.
TOPICS @ TWELVE: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will present “Topics @ Twelve" from noon to 1 p.m. Oct. 18 at Zephyrhills City Hall, 5335 Eighth St. The program will be on understanding credit, sponsored by Suncoast Credit Union and featuring Kyle Neff, service center manager. The cost is $10, which includes lunch. Call (813) 782-1913, email email@example.com or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
SMARTSTART CLASSES: A free class, “Growing Your Influence Through Social Media,” will be presented from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The class is part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. Call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Developing a Non-Profit Board, 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 29, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Overachievers Chapter: 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesdays at Myrtle Lake Baptist Church, 2017 Reigler Road, Land O’ Lakes. Call (813) 317-5556 or visit facebook.com/bnioverachievers.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.