UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT’S INAUGURATION: Saint Leo University recently celebrated the inauguration of its 10th president, Jeffrey D. Senese. The celebration was Oct. 11 and marked a milestone in the university’s 130-year history. Prior to being named president, Senese became the university’s first provost in 2018. As Saint Leo University’s president, Senese has implemented a three-year strategic plan to grow the university, strengthen its culture and transform the educational experience to better serve the needs of students.
NEW WCI COMMUNITY: WCI Communities has opened Tarramor, a new home community in Odessa, near the intersection of Suncoast Trail and West Lutz Lake Fern Road. Tarramor includes homes with four to five bedrooms, many with lanais, bonus rooms, paved driveways and three-car garages. Secluded home sites offer views of wetlands within the community, and amenities include a resort-style pool and a clubhouse with a fitness center. For information on WCI Homes, call 888-220-5971.
HOSPITAL INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN ROSE BOWL FLOAT: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point received an invitation to participate in the 2020 Donate Life Rose Parade Float Hospital CEO Rose Dedications. Selected hospitals prepare a handwritten message honoring patients and families that have saved and healed lives through the gift of organ, eye and tissue donations.
REUSABLE SHOPPING TOTE DONATION PROGRAM: Wright’s Natural Market, 5800 Main St., New Port Richey, has selected Youth and Family Alternatives’ Runaway Alternative Project House as the featured organization to receive the quarterly bag donation program. For every reusable shopping bag customers use now through the end of December, Wright’s will donate 5 cents to the FYA RAP House. Call (727) 848-5140.
CHRYSLER FUNDRAISER BENEFITS MIDDLE SCHOOL: Crystal Chrysler will host a Chrysler Cars 4 Classrooms fundraiser from 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 25 at Crews Lake Middle School, 15144 Shady Hills Road, Shady Hills. Parents and friends of the school can take a brief test drive in a Chrysler Pacifica or Pacifica Hyrbrid. Any licensed driver 18 and older can take a test drive on the school’s behalf. For each test drive taken during the event, Chrysler will donate $10 to Crews Lake Middle School. As an added incentive, the school will have a chance to earn additional funding by doubling the contribution to $20 per test drive after reaching a certain threshold of drives, up to $10,000.
ELITE SOCCER GRAND OPENING: Elite Soccer Skills Academy will have a grand opening and ribbon cutting from 4 to 6 p.m. Nov. 6 at the new facility at 3905 Correia Drive, Zephyrhills. The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will conduct the ribbon cutting at 5 p.m. For information and to RSVP, visit essafc.com/rsvp/.
FREE IMMUNIZATIONS: AdventHealth Dade City and AdventHealth Zephyrhills are partnering with the Florida Department of Health in Pasco County to provide free immunizations from 8 a.m. to noon Oct. 26 at Dade City Senior Center, 13853 15th St., Dade City. The flu vaccine will be available to anyone six months and older. Those who are 19 or older also can get the first of two hepatitis A vaccines; the second vaccine will be needed in April 2020 at the Pasco County Department of Health (which also will be free). The immunizations will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis, and no reservations will be taken. No insurance is needed. For details, visit AHDadeCity.com or AHZephyrhills.com.
SMARTSTART CLASSES: A free class, “Growing Your Influence Through Social Media,” will be presented from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The class is part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. Call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Developing a Non-Profit Board, 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 29, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• E Marketing Concepts, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Also Nov. 19 at the SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
• How to Apply for a Nonprofit Grant, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 6, at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 20, at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 26 at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Overachievers Chapter: 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesdays at Myrtle Lake Baptist Church, 2017 Reigler Road, Land O’ Lakes. Call (813) 317-5556 or visit facebook.com/bnioverachievers.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco’s, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hampton Inn, 1780 State Road 54, Odessa. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni’s Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.