NEW DENTAL PRACTICE: Dr. Monica Ghattas and Dr. Mitul Patel and their team will soon be offering dental services to the New Port Richey community at their new office, River Crossing Dental Care. The practice at 5242 Little Road is set to open Nov. 21. River Cross Dental Care will dental services from routine cleanings and simple fillings, to in-depth restorative and cosmetic services. Ghattas received her doctorate of dental medicine from Tuft University School of Dental Medicine in Boston; Patel earned his doctorate of Dental Medicine from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton. The office is accepting new patients. Call (727) 509-8429 or visit rivercrossingdentalcare.com.
NEW HOSPITAL TRAUMA DIRECTOR: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announced the appointment of Maryam Bita Tabrizi, MD, as the Level II Trauma Center’s Trauma medical director. Tabrizi previously was a clinical instructor at Harvard University and worked as a general surgeon at North Shore Medical Center in Massachusetts, where she developed the hospital’s acute-care surgical program. After spending five years in the New England area, Tabrizi moved back to Florida, where she did her medical residency at the University of Florida in Jacksonville.
LEADERSHIP PASCO SEEKS PROPOSALS: The Leadership Pasco Class of 2020 is seeking proposals from organizations interested in providing financial and other assistance to deliver a project or program that will do lasting good in the community. The class project is intended to bring charitable people and resources together to address a social, educational, economic, environmental or cultural need in Pasco County. Those interested must submit completed applications via email to email@example.com by noon Dec. 6 (handwitten applications will not be accepted). The top three applicants will be asked to give presentations at 6 p.m. Dec. 19. For further details, contact Leadership Pasco Class of 2020 via email.
DOCTOR HOSTS ‘MEET AND GREET’: Access Health Care Physicians will host a “Meet and Greet” for Dr. Monica A. Esposito from 2 to 4 p.m. Nov. 18 at her office, 5500 Little Road, New Port Richey. Visitors can meet the doctor, who is board certified in internal medicine and osteopathic manipulative treatment. Light refreshments will be served. For information, call the office at (727) 372-1005.
LUNCH AND LEARN: Two “lunch and learn” events are planned at AdventHealth Dade City, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City:
• Noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 18 with Dr. Jennifer Roller, gynecologist, who will discuss menopause.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 20, with Dr. Binu Jacob, a cardiologist, who will discuss how to keep the heart beating strong, as well as treatment options for heart disease. Free blood pressure screenings will be provided from 11 to 11:45 a.m, with the program beginning at noon.
Reservations are required for both programs. Call toll-free 833-300-2371.
BUSINESS WORKSHOP: A Business Networking Masterclass II will be offered from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 15 at SpringHill Suites by Marriott, 16615 Crosspointe Run, Land O’ Lakes. It will be presented by Lorraine Lane, author, speaker and business coach. Learn how to “Create Your 30-Second Irresistible Introduction,” “One-on-One Successfully” and understand the “Know, Like and Trust Factor.” The workshop is free, but seating is limited. Register at LBCevent.com.
WINTERFEST: Belk Department Store will host WinterFest 2019 from noon to 3 p.m. Nov. 16 at 2111 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes. This will be a celebration of Frozen 2, with cool treats and a visit from Santa. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIBBON-CUTTING: The North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon cutting event from 4 to 6 p.m. Nov. 20 at Midgard Self Storage, 23830 State Road 54, Lutz.
MASTERCHEF CONTESTANT EMCEES SMARTSTART ENTREPRENEUR EDUCATION SERIES: Pasco Economic Development Council’s entrepreneur program, SMARTstart, will host a seminar, “Food is the Biggest Business,” from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 20, at the SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The workshop will feature a panel of successful food entrepreneurs, and will feature special guest emcee, Jeff Philbin, former MasterChef contestant. The program is free. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events or call toll-free 1-888-606-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• E-Marketing Concepts, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 19, SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 20, at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 26 at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
HOLIDAY PARADE: The Greater Pasco Chamber of Commerce will host the 43rd-annual Holiday Parade Dec. 14. The deadline for sponsorships and to enter a company float is Dec. 3. For details, contact the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Overachievers Chapter: 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesdays at Myrtle Lake Baptist Church, 2017 Reigler Road, Land O’ Lakes. Call (813) 317-5556 or visit facebook.com/bnioverachievers.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco’s, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hampton Inn, 1780 State Road 54, Odessa. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni’s Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, email@example.com or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email email@example.com.