BAY TECH EXPANDS: Bay Tech Industries, which has been in the Tampa Bay area for more than 30 years and in Pasco County for nearly a decade, is investing $1.5 million in new equipment and a 12,170-square-foot building expansion in Odessa. The expansion will help the company fulfill production demands. The company is veteran-owned and operated by Bob Bourassa, president, and Ricky Seal, vice president, along with Bob’s son Bobby, general manager, and daughter Amanda, office manager. Bay Tech Industries specializes in machining, milling, welding and fabrication of components for aerospace and defense.
WERNER-WATKINS APPOINTED TO LEGAL BOARD: The West Pasco Bar Association recently appointed Frances Werner-Watkins to sit on the Bay Area Legal Services Board of Directors. The position was filled by Dionne Blaesing for more than 20 years. The board provides financial and program oversight while serving as ambassadors in the community. Werner-Watkins is a partner at the law firm of Laport, Mulligan & Werner-Watkins, P.A. The attorney’s family is one of Florida’s pioneer families, recognized by the State of Florida for being here for more than 100 years. The Werner-Boyce Salt Springs Run State Park in West Pasco is named after her father and his partner.
NEW U-HAUL LOCATION: Miller Cleaning Pros has signed on as a U-Haul neighborhood dealer to serve the New Port Richey community. The company is at 5006 Trouble Creek Road, Unit 235. It will offer U-Haul trucks, trailers and towing equipment. Regular business hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays and 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Call (727) 849-6904.
TOY DONATION GETS FREE OIL CHANGE: Ice Cold Air Discount Auto Repair is giving away a free oil change, including tire rotation, to customers who bring in a new, unwrapped toy for the Marine Corps’ Toys for Tots program from now until Dec. 14. Donations may be brought into any of the franchise’s three Pasco locations: 11930 U.S. 19, Port Richey; 3508 U.S. 19, New Port Richey; and 6609 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Locations in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Citrus counties are also participating. Visit icecoldair.com.
UNIVERSITY RANKS NO. 1: Saint Leo University was named by Military Times as the No. 1 university in the country for educating veterans. It was ranked first in the nation in the Military Times Best for Vets: Colleges 2020 in the online and nontraditional schools category. This marks a jump in the ranking from last year’s fourth place, and eighth place in 2017. It is the first time Saint Leo University has ranked first in the United States.
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT SEMINAR: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will conduct a weight management information seminar from 6 to 7 p.m. Nov. 27 at the Rao Musunuru, MD, Conference Center, 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson. It will be conducted by Donald Fridley II, DO. Dr. Fridley specializes in general and bariatric surgery. Admission is free and healthy refreshments will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. Call (727) 869-5498.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE will present a free small-business seminar, Basic QuickBooks, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 26 at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
HOLIDAY PARADE: The Greater Pasco Chamber of Commerce will host its 43rd-annual Holiday Parade Dec. 14. The deadline for sponsorships and to enter a company float is Dec. 3. For details, contact the Chamber at (727) 842-7651.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Overachievers Chapter: 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesdays at Myrtle Lake Baptist Church, 2017 Reigler Road, Land O’ Lakes. Call (813) 317-5556 or visit facebook.com/bnioverachievers.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco’s, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hampton Inn, 1780 State Road 54, Odessa. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni’s Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, email@example.com or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email email@example.com.