WINN-DIXIE REOPENS: Winn-Dixie reopened its remodeled store at 36348 State Road 54 in Zephyrhills on Nov. 3. The store includes an updated farm-fresh produce department, improved deli with expanded grab-and-go meals and wing bar, upgraded meat case and floral department, and a new Dollar Shop section.
LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PRESIDENT NAMED TO INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL: The Board of Directors of the International Economic Development Council has elected Bill Cronin, president and CEO of the Pasco Economic Development Council, to serve on its board of directors. The nomination took place during the International EDC’s 2019 conference in Indianapolis Oct. 13-16. Cronin’s term begins Jan. 1.
BABY ITEMS DRIVE: Butash and Donovan Law is hosting a “Baby Stuff Drive” through the end of November at its office at 23554 State Road 54, Lutz. The drive is to benefit GuidingStar of Tampa, a women’s healthcare practice offering medical and educational services, as well as ongoing support for women. Items needed include: gently used or new baby clothing for boys and girls, sizes newborn to 4T; newborn diapers; baby wipes, baby shampoo, baby soap and other toiletries; gently used maternity clothes; and small- and medium-sized stuffed animals. For information, call (813) 341-2232.
GRAND RE-OPENING OF HOSPITAL WOUND CARE CENTER: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point held a grand re-opening of its Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center on Nov. 13. The center underwent a $500,000 renovation that took six months and included renovations of everything from podiatry chairs to updating all the furniture. Hyperbaric chambers were added, and the wound care center has been expanded to two suites, totaling 3,865 square feet.
HOSPITAL NAMES NEW CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER: Medical Center of Trinity has appointed William “Bill” Killinger, MD, as its new chief medical officer. Dr. Killinger is a third-generation Florida physician. He was trained in cardiothoracic surgery, and was in private practice for 27 years in Raleigh, N.C. He is completing work on his healthcare executive master’s degree with Brandeis University.
NEW DQ GRILL & CHILL OPENS: American Dairy Queen Corporation announced its new DQ Grill and Chill restaurant has opened in Hudson, at 14671 State Road 52. The restaurant is owned by Carlos and Pam Saenz. The Saenzes have been owners of a DQ Grill and Chill since 2016, with their first location in Land O’ Lakes. Carlos served five years in the U.S. Air Force, and still serves as a Reservist. Pam is also an elementary school teacher.
ALARM COMPANY MOVES TO PASCO: AFA Protective Systems recently relocated to a 5,800-square-foot facility in the West Pasco Industrial Park off State Road 54 in Odessa. The company designs, installs and monitors fire, safety and security systems.
CARES NAMES NEW DIRECTOR: Community Aging and Retirement Services (CARES) has named Melissa Kehler its new director of community engagement. Kehler has more than 20 years experience in nonprofit leadership roles, most recently serving as executive director of Chinsegut Hill Retreat and Museum in Hernando County.
HEALTH SEMINAR: AdventHealth will host a seminar, Treating Pain without Pills, from noon to 1 p.m. Dec. 3 at AdventHealth Zephyrhills, 7050 Gall Blvd. The speaker is Kamal Patel, MD, a fellowship-trained pain specialist who is double-board certified in preventative and occupational medicine. Reservations are required. RSVP to 877-534-3108.
HOLIDAY PARADE: The Greater Pasco Chamber of Commerce will host its 43rd-annual Holiday Parade on Dec. 14. The deadline for sponsorships and to enter a company float is Dec. 3. For details, contact the Chamber at (727) 842-7651.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Overachievers Chapter: 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesdays at Myrtle Lake Baptist Church, 2017 Reigler Road, Land O’ Lakes. Call (813) 317-5556 or visit facebook.com/bnioverachievers.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco’s, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hampton Inn, 1780 State Road 54, Odessa. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni’s Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.