NEW DIRECTOR AT CARES: Community Aging and Retirement Services, Inc., has named Melissa Mathe its new director of administrative services. Originally from Miami, Mathe is a recent graduate from Barry University, with a master’s degree in public adminstration, specializing in nonprofit administration. CARES is a nonprofit that promotes the quality of life and independence for adults through health, social and supportive services in west-central Florida. Services are offered in home health, daily living, senior centers and wellness programs. Visit caresfl.org.
HEALTH LECTURE: A lunch-and-learn session will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 15 at AdventHealth Dade City, Classroom 108, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City. Blood pressure screenings will be provided from 11:30 a.m. to noon, with the program starting at noon. Obstetrician and gynecologist Dr. John Ferlita will speak about pelvic-floor therapy. Those who suffer from urge, stress or mixed urinary incontinence, painful bladder syndrome or other painful issues of the pelvic area may benefit from this procedure. Call (352) 521-1194 or email email@example.com.
FARMER’S MARKET: A monthly farmer’s market will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 12 at Wright’s Natural Market and cafe, 5800 Main St., New Port Richey. This is held on the second Sunday of each month. It includes local growers offering produce, food, honey, fresh-cut flowers and more. Call 727-848-5140.
VISION BOARD WORKSHOP: “2020 Visualize It,” a free vision board workshop, will be presented from 1 to 5 p.m. Jan. 17 at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Suncoast Parkway, 16615 Crosspointe Run, Land O’ Lakes. This is for those who wish to reach the milestones and achieve their goals they set for 2020 by using a vision map. Free. Visit lanebcevents.com or call (813) 486-2837.
COFFEEHOUSE GRAND OPENING: Saint Leo University will have the grand-opening ceremony of its new Benedict’s Coffeehouse at 10 a.m. Jan. 13. There will be a ribbon-cutting ceremony, music, giveaways and reception. The first 250 customers will receive a free Benedict’s Coffeehouse travel mug with purchase. The mug entitles winners to unlimited discounted coffee refills. Saint Leo University is at 33701 State Road 52, St. Leo; Benedict’s is east of the traffic circle; designated parking is adjacent to Kirk Hall. The coffeehouse features Starbucks coffees, specialty drinks and teas, and a variety of breakfast sandwiches and lunch items. Visit saintleo.edu/benedicts-coffeehouse.
SAVE THE DATE: The Pasco Economic Development Council will host an Economic Forecast 2020 Luncheon Jan. 31 at the Hyatt Place Tampa/Wesley Chapel, 26000 Sierra Center Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Networking and registration is at 11 a.m., with a buffet lunch and presentation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The presentation will be by Robert “Tim” McGee, director of macro strategy and research for U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management. Advanced registration required. The cost is $35 by Jan. 18, then $40; $30 for Pasco County staff. Visit http://pascoedc.com/events/details/2020-economic-forecast-luncheon.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars. Unless otherwise specified, seminars are held 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.:
• Search Engine Optimization, Jan. 13, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, Jan. 15, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Introduction to Small Business Taxes, Jan. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, Jan. 21, Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2918 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 21, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Apply for a Nonprofit Grant, Jan. 22, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 16 to March 12, at the SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey. The cost is $295. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. Call Becky Martin at (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, “Building a Cyber Wall-Securing Your Networks, Data and Business,” will be offered from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 15 at the West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey; and from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 22 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. Call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Overachievers Chapter: 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesdays at Myrtle Lake Baptist Church, 2017 Reigler Road, Land O’ Lakes. Call (813) 317-5556 or visit facebook.com/bnioverachievers.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco’s, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hampton Inn, 1780 State Road 54, Odessa. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni’s Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.