PARADE APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE: The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce will host the 2018 "Magical Night Christmas Parade," sponsored by Florida Hospital Dade City/Zephyrhills on Dec. 7 on 8th Street, Dade City. Applications for seasonal floats, bands or walking units are available at dadecitychristmasparade.com. All organizations applying for entry will be required to follow the established safety guidelines and holiday decorations requirements.For information, call (352) 567-3769.
CHAMBER PRESENTS HEART OF PASCO AWARD: The community affairs committee of the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce presented its Heart of Pasco award to Cornerstone Air Conditioning Plumbing & Electrical, a business that exemplifies the chamber's mission to aggressively advocate for the interest of the diverse business community by promoting business advancement, economic growth and job creation.
RIBBON-CUTTING: The North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce, formerly known as the Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce, recently hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Wound Care Center, 2700 Healing Way in the Wellness Plaza, Wesley Chapel. The event included a grand opening celebration.
MEDICAL PRACTICE RELOCATES: Dr. David Herndon, board certified in family medicine and osteopathic manipulative treatment, has relocated his practice to 5500 Little Road, New Port Richey. For information, call (727) 372-1005.
PROMOTION: Thomas Zanios was recently promoted to internet director at Sun Toyota, a Morgan Auto Group dealership, at 3001 U.S. 19, Holiday. Originally from the Tampa Bay area, Zanios has been at the dealership for more than 11 years in pre-owned sales, secondary financing, business development and internet sales. In his new role, Zanios supervises a large team of internet sales personnel and is responsible for managing and improving department staffing, training and internet operations, as well as cultivating customer satisfaction and loyalty. For information, call (727) 310-3070 or visit suntoyota.com/.
DOCTOR JOINS MEDICAL PRACTICE: Dr. Michael Lamparelli recently joined the medical staff at Access Health Care Physicians. He practices at 11325 Hudson Road, Suite 102, Hudson. Prior to joining the practice, Dr. Lamparelli completed his residency at Manatee Memorial Hospital in Bradenton. For information, call (727) 378-8503.
NEW POSITION AT TAX COLLECTOR'S OFFICE: Samantha Bisconti, a former customer service representative with the Pasco Tax Collector's Office, was recently promoted to customer advocate, a new position created by Pasco Tax Collector Mike Fasano. The influx of issues that impact customers, beyond the general scope of motor vehicles, property taxes and related issues, led to the decision. "Samantha has already demonstrated a strong grasp of the importance of assisting people, helping them find answers to their problems and generally helping those who may not know where else to turn," said Fasano. "Her experience working on the front-line of our office, as well as her understanding of issues important to Pasco residents, illustrates what an asset she is and will continue to be to this agency and to the customers we serve." For information, call (727) 847-8165, ext. 2781.
Keep up with all things Pasco County
Subscribe to our free Pasco Times newsletter
You’re all signed up!
Want more of our free, weekly newsletters in your inbox? Let’s get started.Explore all your options
HOSPITAL PRESENTS FRIST EMPLOYEE HUMANITARIAN AWARD: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point presented Laura Sammon-Linton, unit secretary of 2 West with the hospital's Frist Employee Humanitarian Award. The award, created to honor individuals for their humanitarian and volunteer activities, was named in honor of Dr. Thomas F. Frist Sr. The award is given to the employee who has been judged on the following four categories: level of commitment to the facility and patient care; level of commitment to the community; having a positive effect on others; and dependability, consistency and people-oriented. The award winner receives $250 in cash, a Frist lapel pin, a plaque, a front row parking spot or pass in the physician's parking lot for one full year, a large dish garden and their picture on the display at the front entrance of the hospital. Sammon-Linton, left, poses with her award and Bayonet Point CEO Sharon Hayes.
PROMOTION: Courtney Cohen recently was promoted to finance director at Sun Toyota, 3001 U.S. 19, Holiday. Cohen was a finance manager at the dealership for three years. As finance director, he is responsible for department staffing, training and operations, as well as cultivating lender relationships to ensure customers get the most attractive finance rates possible.
INITIATIVE KICKS OFF ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION: September marks the second anniversary of Essentials PetCare, a walk-in veterinary clinic located in Walmart, 8701 U.S. 19, Port Richey. To honor the occasion, the company is launching the "Real Life, Real Pets" campaign at 10 a.m. Sept. 29. The goal is to celebrate the entire family, including family pets. Festivities include special officers, prizes and goodie bags while supplies last. Kids can participate in a coloring contest to win a $25 Walmart gift card. For information, call (727) 478-0318.
CHAMBER BUSINESS BREAKFAST: The North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce will have its Business Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Oct. 2 at Pasco-Hernando State College's Porter Campus, 2727 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel. The guest speaker will be Ian Anderson, market president and publisher of the Tampa Bay Business Journal. Event sponsors are Cracker Barrel Catering, Advisor Magazine, IGTech 365 and Dr. Gregory Stepanski. The cost is $15 and includes breakfast. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534.
CHAMBER BUSINESS BREAKFAST: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Business Breakfast at 7 a.m. Oct. 4 at Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The guest speaker will be Beverly Ledbetter, Florida Alliance for Retired Americans. The event sponsor is Florida Alliance for Retired Americans. $8 for members, $10 for visitors. Call (813) 782-1913.
REGISTER FOR FALL GOLF CLASSIC: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will host its Fall Golf Classic Oct. 12 at Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O' Lakes. Registration begins at 8 a.m. with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Awards will be presented at approximately 1 p.m. The event will include food, drinks, and contests (hole-in-one and putting). Tickets are $85 per golfer, $290 for a team of four, and include greens fees, golf cart and range balls. Sponsorships start at $100. For sponsorship information or to RSVP, call (813) 909-2722 or visit centralpascochamber.com.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, Oct. 23 through Dec. 18. The program will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City. The cost is $295. Registration deadline is 5 p.m. Oct. 17. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. Call Becky Martin at (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
ZEPHYRHILLS ECONOMIC SUMMIT: The second annual Zephyrhills Economic Summit will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 24 at the Zephyrhills City Hall, 5335 8th St., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by the Zephyrhills Economic Development Coalition. Featured presentations include: Ready for Growth, city of Zephyrhills; Education Opportunities, state and county representatives; ZHS Career Academies, local; and Bridging the Gap in our Community, Zephyrhills Economic Development Coalition. Tours of the new city hall will be available. Registration is $10, and includes lunch and continental breakfast. To RSVP, call Melonie at (813) 782-1913.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You also may email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O' Brady's, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: 11:45 a.m. Mondays, Brass Tap - Trinity, 10700 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays at the Brix 33, 8351 State Road 54, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:15 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny's, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O' Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce's women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email email@example.com.