DUI checkpoint results in arrests of 8 people
A DUI checkpoint on Friday night and early Saturday led to eight arrests before it had to be called off due to inclement weather, authorities said.
The sobriety checkpoint near a Kmart at 4501 66th St. in Kenneth City ran from 10 p.m. Friday to 2:45 a.m. Saturday. The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office conducted the checkpoint along with a number of other local law enforcement agencies. Of 774 vehicles that passed through the checkpoint, 216 were stopped for assessment by law enforcement officers, the Sheriff's Office said.
The eight arrests resulted in the following:
• 1 DUI
• 1 driving while license Suspended or revoked with knowledge
• 1 no valid driver's license
• 2 possession of marijuana
• 2 possession of cocaine
• 4 possession of alcohol by persons under the age of 21
• 18 citations issued for numerous traffic infractions
• 4 vehicles impounded.