ST. PETERSBURG — Police are searching for an arsonist who they believe has set several fires in the Crescent Lake neighborhood since January.
The fires all happened within six square blocks near the park just south of 22nd Avenue N. Because of their proximity and similarity, police think one person is responsible for all of them. These are the incidents, according to police:
• Jan. 17, 921 15th Ave. N: Accelerant put in fuel compartment of vehicle
• Jan. 18, 1600 Dr. Martin Luther King St. N: Sun shade canvas near doorway set on fire
• Jan. 30, 1921 Dr. Martin Luther King St. N: Trash fires spread to vehicles and fence at 870 20th Ave. N
• Feb. 16, 821 21st Ave. N: Trash fire
• March 11, 860 20th Ave. N: Trash fire
• March 11, 808 16th Ave. N: Trash fire
Anyone with information can call police at (727) 893-7780.