THONOTOSASSA — Firefighters were battling a three-alarm fire Monday night at Lightning RV Supply Inc.
At 10:40 p.m., Hillsborough County Fire Rescue units were battling the blaze defensively at 10449 Harney Road, spokeswoman Nicole Revette said.
"On site, they have hundreds of propane bottles of various sizes," she said. "That was what we were concentrating on."
Since the propane could explode, crews were focusing on containing that area of the fire and pulling out as many propane bottles as possible.
Revette said the initial call came in at 8:20 p.m., when a worker at the company heard a "loud boom." He went outside to investigate and saw an electrical meter in front of the building on fire.
When authorities arrives, the building was engulfed. All workers were able to evacuate, Revette said.
Revette said because there were no fire hydrants at the scene, fire units set up a tanker operation. More than 30 units were present.