Two injured in Land O'Lakes home fire, flown to Tampa General

Published Oct. 2, 2015

LAND O'LAKES — Two people suffering from severe burns and smoke inhalation were flown to Tampa General Hospital after a two-alarm home fire Thursday night.

Pasco County Fire Rescue officials responded to the wood-frame residence at 19430 Bexley Road. The fire was under control by about 9 p.m. It was not clear what time the fire began or what may have caused it, officials said.

An elderly woman escaped from the home but sustained severe burns to about 15 percent of her body, according to Fire Rescue, and three firefighters retrieved the second victim from inside during a search. The second victim, an elderly unresponsive male, suffered severe burns and smoke inhalation.

Three state fire marshal's detectives assisted investigators on the scene.

The identities of the two victims and their respective conditions in the hospital were not immediately available.