Advertisement
  1. News

Hazardous material concern shuts Mease Dunedin Hospital emergency room

Published Jun. 11, 2012

DUNEDIN — A hazmat situation was reported at Mease Dunedin Hospital Sunday night after a man walked into the emergency waiting room with a strange smell on his clothing, fire rescue said.

The emergency area was shut down about midnight as Dunedin Fire Rescue investigated the "foul smell," said Dunedin Fire Rescue Chief Bud Meyer.

The man was scrubbed down in a shower at the emergency area. Workers returned to the emergency area a short time later, Meyer said.