TAMPA — Two workers were taken to Tampa General Hospital on Thursday afternoon with injuries they received in a gas explosion at Raymond James Stadium, Tampa police said.
A spark touched off the small explosion at 1:56 p.m. as two workers were doing maintenance work on a gas line in a vending area on the east side of the stadium's 300 level.
The two men suffered possible burns and were and transported to Tampa General Hospital. They were in stable condition, said James Gilligan, shift commander with Tampa Fire Rescue.
"Everything has been shut off – there's no fire," Tampa police spokesman Steve Hegarty said.
Damage to the area of the explosion was described as minimal.
The Tampa Fire Marshal's Office is investigating and utility company TECO People's Gas also was on the scene.