TAMPA — Aloft Tampa Midtown Hotel was evacuated Saturday night after a dryer caught fire, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.
Firefighters arrived about 8:30 p.m. at the six-story hotel at 3650 Midtown Drive to investigate a report of a fire. The hotel is located in the Midtown Tampa development near N Dale Mabry Highway and W Cypress Street.
They found the source of the fire just one floor above them: A dryer in the second-floor laundry room had caught fire.
The hotel was evacuated and no one was injured, according to fire officials. The automatic sprinkler system was activated and helped contain the fire. It took firefighters about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire.
The fire was deemed accidental by a fire marshal. However, Tampa Fire Rescue did not say when guests were allowed back inside.