TAMPA — The McKay Bay Waste to Energy Facility, which receives about 2 million pounds of garbage daily, is closed to both the general public and commercial customers until further notice due to a power outage, the city announced Tuesday afternoon.
Meanwhile, all collection services including trash, recycling and yard waste may experience delays. In a news release, city staff request that residents leave their carts and yard waste curbside through the rest of regularly scheduled collection day while crews complete their routes. Commercial collection may experience delays, too.
The city listed the following waste disposal sites as alternatives:
- Blue Monkey Disposing & Recycling for bulky household waste
- Waste Management for bulky household waste
- Hillsborough County Solid Waste
- Veransa/CRR for yard waste
- Angelo’s for bulky household waste and yard waste.
For updates on the outage, the city of Tampa Utilities Call Center can be reached via phone at (813) 274-8811 or online at tampa.gov/solidwaste.