SEMINOLE — Steven Walker can’t remember the last time he called the county requesting they repave the heavily used 113th Street, but he knows its been years and it hasn’t happened yet.
Walker, a reader who lives in Seminole and routinely drives on the road between Park Boulevard and 54th Avenue, told the Doc that the county told him it was “in the queue."
In his opinion, the road has worsened since then.
“Although asphalt patches have been made here and there" Walker said, “it is not enough to truly address the problem.”
So when will 113th Street be repaved?
The good news is the county has a set date.
The bad news — it’s still years away.
Thomas Washburn, the traffic engineering section manager with Pinellas County Public Works, said this project is scheduled for fiscal year 2022, which begins October 2021. Once the project begins, Washburn estimates it will take about one month to complete.
“Until the repaving occurs, we will repair and fill any potholes that occur,” Washburn said. “Our response time is within 72 hours once we are notified.”
To notify the county of urgent repairs visit the website and submit a see-click-fix request, or call (727) 464-8900.
And if you see something in your travels that you have a question about, snap a horizontal picture and send it and your question to the Doc. It could be included in the next column.
As of Tuesday, all planned lane closures have been canceled until further notice . For up to date information visit fdottampabay.com/news/article/planned-lane-closures-have-been-canceled-until-further-notice-
- Day lane closures from south of U.S. 98/State Road 50 (Exit 301) to Sumter County for Interstate 75 widening, through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Night lane closures: through Friday from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Lane closures along SR 54 at Starkey Boulevard for the construction of new Starkey Gap/Tri-County Trail, Tuesday and Thursday from 8 p.m. to 6: 30 a.m.
- Northbound only lane closures from Broad Street to Ward Avenue for U.S. 98 (Ponce De Leon Boulevard) repaving through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nightly lane closures through Friday from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Day lane closures for a half-mile on each side of I-75 for U.S. 98/SR 50 (Cortez Boulevard) widening through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Night lane closures through Friday from 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Lane closures from Florida Ave. to Ida Street at US Business 41 (Highland Ave. & W. Violet St.) for roadway/pedestrian improvements, Tuesday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- US 41 intersection reconstruction causes lane closures from Madison Avenue/Pendola Point Road to Port Sutton Road all day everyday through Saturday.
- Intermittent lanes closures from Bullfrog Creek to Denver Street for US 41 drainage and sidewalk installation Tuesday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Nightly lane closures from Bird Street to Waters Avenue for pedestrian safety improvements at US Business 41 (Florida Avenue) from Tuesday through Saturday from 8:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Nightly lane closures from McMullen Booth Road to Rocky Point Drive for highway lighting maintenance of State Road 60 (Courtney Campbell Causeway) Tuesday through Friday from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Lane closures from Armenia Avenue to Florida Avenue Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for repaving of SR 580 (Busch Boulevard). Nightly lane closures: Tuesday through Thursday from 8:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Road closure for Sun City Center Boulevard (SR 674) repaving project from Commercial Center Drive to US 301 and at Sun City Center Boulevard (SR 674) for Del Webb Boulevard West drainage installation all day everyday through Friday.
- Lane closures with flagging operations from west of Paul Buchman Highway (SR 39A) to Park Road for the widening of County Road 580 (Sam Allen Road) Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lane closures began Sunday from Dickman Road to Wyandotte Road for CR 672 (Big Bend Road) bridge replacement and continue through Oct. 19
- Lane closures from Pond Avenue to Long Avenue/Pioneer Museum Road for repaving of U.S. 301/U.S. 98 through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Nightly lane closures for SR 54 intersection improvements at U.S. 41 through Friday from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Road closed at 58th Avenue N from 46th Street to 44th Street through Sept. 20 for drainage improvements. Through traffic follow posted detour
- Expect lane closures and delays until Nov. 30 at Keene Road from Virginia Street to Main Street, and at Virginia Street from Keene Road to Lake Haven Road for ADA and sidewalk upgrades
- Southbound only lane closures at 22nd Avenue S for Interstate 275 interchange improvements through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lane closures along I-275 from south of Gandy Boulevard (Exit 28) to Fourth Street N (Exit 32) for Gateway Expressway project (new tolled roadway system) through Saturday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Lane closures on I-275 northbound Exit 30 ramp to westbound State Road 686 (Roosevelt Boulevard) and westbound 118th Avenue (County Road 296) for Gateway Expressway (new tolled roadway system), through Saturday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Expect day and nightly lane closures for Alt. US 19 (Fourth Avenue N) repaving from Fifth Avenue N to Third Street through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Lane closures at U.S. 19 Frontage Roads from 110th Avenue N to 126th Avenue N, at SR 686 (Roosevelt Boulevard) from SR 688 (Ulmerton Road) to 49th Street, at SR 686 (Roosevelt Boulevard) from 28th Street to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street, and at SR 686 (Roosevelt Boulevard) entrance ramp to the Bayside Bridge for Gateway Expressway project (new tolled roadway system), through Saturday from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Nightly lane closures for the repaving of SR 682 (54th Avenue S) repaving from U.S. 19 to 41st Street through Friday from 7:30 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Email Dr. Delay at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your traffic concerns, questions, and pictures across the Tampa Bay area. Follow @AskDrDelay.