Hillsborough County will continue to make sandbag materials available to the public as more rains raises the risk of more flooding through the weekend. Weather permitting, materials can be picked up at all three County Public Works Service Units:
• West Service Unit at 9805 Sheldon Road
• South Service Unit at 8718 Old Big Bend Road
• East Service Unit at 4702 Sydney Road
All facilities will be open:
• Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Each resident must sign their name and provide their home address acknowledging the receipt of 25 sandbags or less.
Residents can make a request, or report flooding and road problems, by going to HillsboroughCounty.org/AtYourService, or calling (813) 272-5900. While unusually heavy rains persist, residents can find complete information on County services and programs, as well as safety tips, at HillsboroughCounty.org/StaySafe.