Publix has closed locations all over the state. Officials have asked almost 7 million people to leave their homes. Highways are clogged. Bottled water is hard to find. But one local institution is chugging along even as Hurricane Irma menaces the Sunshine State: the internet.
As Floridians all over the state batten down the proverbial hatches (whatever that means) for Hurricane Irma — which has already left a trail of devastation in the Caribbean — memelords from Twitter to Reddit have set out to poke fun at the monster storm.
Here are five pieces of their finest work. This is a scary time. Hopefully, seeing these will make you smile in that semi-upset way only the internet can.
1. This one really says it all.
2. Where is Irma going to land, anyway?
3. People turn to familiar comforts in times like these.
4. The famous Jim Cantore with the scoop...
5. We couldn't agree more, little guy.