Catching you up on overnight happenings, and what you need to know today.
• An area of low pressure has parked itself over the state, according to 10Weather WTSP. It will up the afternoon rain chance today and Friday before moving out of the area over the weekend. Look for the high temperature in the low 90s again today.
• As you head out for your morning commute, check out our live blog for the latest traffic updates and road conditions across Tampa Bay.
• As Florida's universities stare down a mental health epidemic, the University of South Florida has crafted a plan it hopes will reach all students, from those in crisis to those who don't know they could use some help. The USF Tampa campus hopes to spend about $1.5 million to help students' mental health needs over the next two years. Claire McNeill explains how the money will help USF students.
• The treasurer of the Parent-Teacher Association at a Pinellas County elementary school faces a felony fraud charge after authorities said she stole from the school organization to pay her credit card and phone bills. Colleen Wright explains where the money went.
• The St. Petersburg City Council is set to meet Thursday and the public may get its first chance to discuss Mayor Rick Kriseman's controversial restaurant choice to fill the historic Manhattan Casino. Follow Charlie Frago at @CharlieFrago for updates from City Hall today.
• A new novel co-written by horror master Stephen King and his son Owen King comes out this week and the authors will be making a stop in Sarasota. Read here how you can see the Kings in Sarasota (it's complicated).
• As the summer vacation season comes to an end, Floridians can find lighter crowds at the state's numerous theme parks. Read our guide here for reasons to plan an off-season vacation, and what you will find at Disney, Universal and Busch Gardens this fall.
• It's time to plan your weekend! Our critics and writers have laid out their top picks on our Weekend Planner page, including a look ahead at Ed Sheeran's show, the Wearable Art fashion show and a Saturday Night Live comic coming to the USF Round-Up.
• Here are the top things to do today in Tampa Bay, including Grammy winner Lalah Hathaway at Tampa Theatre, the Bucs at training camp and the Rays game against the Blue Jays.