Catching you up on overnight happenings, and what you need to know today.
• You'd never know a monster storm is heading in our general direction. Today's forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms and highs around 90, according to 10Weather WTSP.
• As you head out for your morning commute, check out our live blog for the latest traffic updates and road conditions across Tampa Bay.
• For the latest on Hurricane Irma, please be sure to follow our Live Blog. It will have lots of information about the latest forecast tracks, evacuations, school closings and event cancellations if they are announced. Got a question, send it our way with a tweet that includes #tbtirma and we'll try to get you answers.
• Before the hurricane season started, we created a preparedness guide. It's not too late to read it.
• As Florida seems certain to be affected in some way by this "extremely dangerous" storm, many questions arise. Here's what you need to know.
• With the storm bearing down on Florida, you probably don't want to read about the Tampa Bay region's vulnerability. But if you do, you can here.
• It's tough to make weekend plans with a hurricane churning. Here's our updated list of what's been canceled and what's on high alert this weekend because of Hurricane Irma.
• The Times Festival of Reading celebrates 25 years with best-selling authors Michael Connelly, Kate DiCamillo and more
• The last episode of Hard Knocks aired on HBO Tuesday night. Columnist Tom Jones offers up his final thoughts on the Tampa Bay Bucs-centric training camp documentary at tampabay.com/sports.
• We have insider tips if you plan to go to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Even though you might not be in the trick-or-treat mood yet, it's a relative bargain and the crowds are much lighter, our theme park expert advises.
• Green Day pleased the masses with an epic concert at Tampa's MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre. Read Jay Cridlin's review here.
• Get cooking inspiration, recipes and other food trends and tips delivered to your inbox every Thursday in our new Cooking newsletter from food editor Michelle Stark. Click here to sign up.
• Here are the top things to do today in Tampa Bay including alt-rockers Manchester Orchestra, a sunset paddle and a special talk by the curator of the Dali Museum.