U-HAUL OPENS AT NEW LOCATION: U-Haul Company of Florida has announced that Premier Storage of New Port Richey, 7850 Massachusetts Ave., has signed on as a U-Haul neighborhood dealer to serve the New Port Richey community. The business will offer U-Haul trucks, moving supplies and boxes utilizing the U-Haul Truck Share 24/7, allowing rental transactions to be carried out entirely on a smartphone at any hour, day or night, by visiting uhaul.com and setting up an account. There are no membership fees. Premier's regular business hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturdays. Call (727) 478-1452.
TATUM'S RECEIVES AWARD: John Lavo from Tatum's Towing of Hudson has received the American Towman ACE Award for achievement in service performance. Recipients were nominated by the nation's major motor clubs and dispatch centers. Nomination guidelines include the highest percentage of calls when estimated time of arrival is achieved, consistency in response time, written appreciation from customers, and percentage of calls serviced (instead of turning them away). ACE Recipients rank in the top 1 percent of the towing industry's service providers. The ACE Award is presented by American Towman Magazine, and is commemorated by an original design belt buckle. The buckles were presented to award recipients during the ACE Award Ceremony Nov. 18 in Baltimore, Md.
WELLS FARGO MAKES DONATION: The Wells Fargo Foundation has donated $20,000 toward the Pasco Economic Development Council's microloan fund to help small business growth in Pasco County. The loans are for companies that cannot obtain traditional bank financing. Borrowers must show they have experience and resources to be successful business operators. Proceeds may be used for working capital, inventory, supplies, furniture, fixtures, machinery and equipment, but not to purchase real estate or to refinance existing debt. This past year, Pasco EDC has awarded more than $1 million in loans to local businesses. To date, there have been 46 microloans awarded to local businesses, with an average loan of $29,026. For information or to make a donation to the fund, contact the Pasco Economic Development Council at (813) 926-0827 or visit smartstartpasco.com.
PIPELINE MANAGER NAMED: The Pasco Economic Development Council welcomes its new Workforce Development Manager, Turner Arbour, who will run the new Pasco Pipeline Program. Arbour is a long-time Pasco resident, a product of the Pasco County School System and Pasco-Hernando State College. He graduated from the University of South Florida in St. Petersburg with a bachelor's degree in global business. Arbour has been working with small businesses since 2010. The Pasco Pipeline is a three-year pilot program funded by the Pasco County Board of County Commissioners. The program will spearhead the development of a talent pipeline for employers and job seekers in Pasco County in order to align the supply and demand of talent and advance the county’s ability to compete for economic development projects.
LIMITED EDITION ORNAMENT AVAILABLE: The White Heron Tea and Gifts released its 2018 ornament, which features the Hacienda Hotel. This year's ornament, made of ceramic, features a historical photo of the hotel, while the back has a brief history of when the structure was built and opened. Ornaments are $9.95 each and available at The White Heron, 6228 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Financing Opportunities with the Small Business Administration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 8, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 8. Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 8, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Developing a Board for Non-Profits, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 10, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Apply for a Small Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: Noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Brix 33, 8351 State Road 54, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email [email protected]
Contact Phyllis Day at [email protected] or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.