NEW U-HAUL DEALER: Xtreme Adventures, 24810 State Road 54, Lutz, is offering U-Haul products and services. The business will offer U-Haul trucks, towing equipment, moving supplies and in-store pickup for boxes utilizing the U-Haul Truck Share 24/7, which allows rental transactions to be carried out entirely on a smartphone at any hour, day or night, by visiting uhaul.com and setting up an account. There are no membership fees. Xtreme Adventures' regular business hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily; call (813) 948-0715.
GROUNDBREAKING AT THE CENTRAL: People Places recently held a groundbreaking ceremony at the building site for Phase 1 of The Central, located at Circle Boulevard and Central Avenue in New Port Richey. Project partners Frank Starkey and Jim Goodchild were joined by Mayor Rob Marlowe, Deputy Mayor Jeff Starkey and City Council members Matthew Murphy, Peter Altman and Chopper Davis. City Manager Debbie Manns, Economic Development Director Mario Iezzoni and other department directors were in attendance, along with contractors, bankers and area residents. Located next to Orange Lake and one block north of Main Street in the historic downtown district, The Central Apartments will provide more than 80 luxury residences.
HOSPITAL MEDICAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announced the results of its medical staff elections for a two-year term, 2019-2020. Elected to serve on the Medical Executive Committee are:
• General Staff: Chief of Staff George Giannakopoulos, MD; Vice-Chief of Staff Keshav Ramireddy, MD; Secretary-Treasurer Chirag Patel, MD.
• Department of Medicine: Chairman Jose Pascual, MD; Vice-Chairman Mrunal Shah, MD; Member-at-Large L. Venu, MD.
• Department of Surgery: Chairman Craig Bennett, MD; Vice-Chairman Kevin Spires, MD; Member-at-Large Arthur Verga, MD.
ACCESS DOCTOR AND TEAM RECOGNIZED: Access Health Care Physicians announced that Pal Durai, MD, and his team have achieved recognition under the National Committee for Quality Assurance's Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition Program. Dr. Durai and his office at 7505 Rottingham Road, Port Richey, will be listed with a recognition seal on the National Committee for Quality Assurance's website.
MARKET CELEBRATES 25 YEARS: Wright's Natural Market, 5800 Main St., New Port Richey, will celebrate the store's 25th anniversary and grand re-opening from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 23. Activities are planned inside the store, as well as on the Main Street sidewalk and part of Railroad Square (Nebraska Avenue). There will be Qigong, a Pop-Up Pup Cafe for dogs, a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 9:45 a.m., workshops, vendors, a farmer's market and the unveiling of the "pup hitching posts' that allow visitors to leave their dogs safely outside while shopping. The day will end with a farm-to-table dinner buffet to benefit the New Port Richey Farmnet (seatings available at 5 and 7 p.m.). The dinner is $30, seating is limited and tickets are available on eventbrite.com. For details, visit facebook.com/wrightsnaturalmarket/.
ADULT COMMUNITY GRAND OPENING: Del Webb Bexley, a new 55+ adult community, will have a grand opening celebration from noon to 4 p.m. Feb. 23 at 5114 Beacon Light point, Land O' Lakes. Sitting on 489 acres, Del Webb Bexley will offer 18 single family detached home designs, with home prices starting at about $238,000. Bexley residents will have a lakefront club and cafe. Amenities will include 10 miles of trails, parks and play areas, soccer field, dog park, pools and bike park. To learn more, visit delwebb.com/bexley or call toll-free 866-230-6089.
EDC STEERING COMMITTEE: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's Economic Development Council Steering Committee will meet from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Feb. 27, at the Chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. For further information, contact the Chamber at (813) 782-1913 or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, "Who is My Customer," will be offered from 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 27 at the Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., #309, Dade City. The class is part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. Open to start-up and existing businesses. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. For information, call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, March 4, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 4 to 5:30 p.m. March 5, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
• Utilizing YouTube in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 5, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 5, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St.
• vResults Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 13, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 14, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 28, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: Noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email [email protected]
Contact Phyllis Day at [email protected] or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.