BURLINGTON GRAND OPENING: Burlington Stores has opened its newest store at Cypress Creek Town Center, 25589 Sierra Center Blvd., Wesley Chapel. A Grand Opening Day will be March 29, starting at 8:45 a.m. with a ribbon-cutting with store associates, local officials and community members. Residents can shop starting at 9 a.m. The first 500 shoppers will receive a free Burlington tote bag. A Family Fun Day will be on March 30. The store will open at 9 a.m., and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., customers will be treated to card giveaways, children’s activities and a DJ. Store hours are 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and from 9:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays. Visit burlington.com.
DOCTOR HOSTS MEET AND GREET: Access Health Care Physicians will host a Meet and Greet for Olakunle Ajibola, MD, from 2 to 4 p.m. April 4 at his office, 7633 Cita Lane, New Port Richey. Visitors can enjoy light refreshments and meet Dr. Ajibola, a board-certified family practitioner. For information or to RSVP, call (352) 616-0698.
NETFEST: The Pasco Economic Development Council will host its 17th-annual NetFest from 5 to 8 p.m. April 4 at the Epperson Lagoon by Metro Places, 31885 Overpass Road, Wesley Chapel. This will be a networking festival with a Caribbean cowboy theme and will include a chili cook-off. Tickets are $30-$50. For information, contact Suzanne at (813) 926-0827, ext. 226 or [email protected]
JOB FAIR: A Job and Internship Fair will be from 9 a.m. to noon April 9 at Pasco-Hernando State College’s West Campus, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. The event is presented by the college, CareerSource Pasco Hernando, Express Employment Professionals and the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce. Local employers will promote open positions and future positions, and meet with job seekers from the community, as well as students seeking employment. Local employers can still sign up to participate; priority will be given to employers with open positions in Pasco and Hernando counties. For employer participation information, contact Jackie Eden at [email protected] or (727) 816-3334. Job seekers can preregister for the event at eventbrite.com/e/job-and-internship-fair-tickets-55297581555.
HOSPITAL OPEN HOUSE: AdventHealth Dade City will offer free tours of its cardiac catheterization lab from 2 to 2:30 p.m. April 11, followed by bingo games, at the hospital, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City. Refreshments will be provided. Reservations are required; call (833) 300-2371.
HOSPITAL GETS CT SCANNER: AdventHealth Dade City added a new 128-slice computed tomography system to its emergency room. The CT scanner will help deliver a fast and confident diagnosis in both emergency and acute care settings. The hospital is at 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City.
APPLEBEE’S TEAMS WITH MAKE-A-WISH: Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar locations throughout Florida are participating in a fundraiser to support Make-A-Wish Southern Florida and Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida. Customers can make donations of any dollar amount for the charity. Those who make a $5 donation will receive a Make-A-Wish Offer Card, loaded with three Applebee’s Coupons, redeemable for $20 in savings.
The fundraiser will continue through April 14. The promotion is available at Applebee’s locations owned and operated by Neighborhood Restaurant Partners, including in New Port Richey and Wesley Chapel. For details or to find a restaurant location, visit nrpneighborhood.com.
BAHAMA BUCK’S PARTNERS WITH ST. JUDE: Bahama Buck’s dessert franchise has partnered with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, offering a special smoothie to raise funds for the nonprofit hospital. Customers who purchase the blue or pink Cotton Candy Smoothie, will have the proceeds benefit the hospital. Bahama Buck’s Franchise Corporation and its franchisees, collectively, will make a minimum donation of $20,000 by July 30. Locally, Bahama Buck’s is at 8815 Mitchell Blvd., Trinity. There also are locations in Brandon, Odessa and Tarpon Springs.
TEA RECEIVES GLOBAL RECOGNITION: Kelly Hackman, owner of The White Heron Tea and Gifts, has announced her tea room’s new loquat green tea blend has received a silver medal in the Global Tea Championships, held recently in Colorado. The herbal tea blend is one Hackman created to commemorate the annual Loquat Festival, which was held March 23 in New Port Richey. She used the leaves from loquat trees, which are found in abundance throughout New Port Richey, as well as a Sencha green tea. The tea is called Luscious Loquat Green Tea. The tea is available exclusively at the White Heron, 6228 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
DOCTOR PRESENTED FACIAL ESTHETICS CLASS: Dr. David Kimmel, from the Florida Center for Laser Dentistry, hosted and presented a course for the American Academy of Facial Esthetics at his Bayonet Point office on Feb. 22. Dr. Kimmel, who is a doctor of dental medicine, served as the lead instructor, and taught the advanced techniques for facial fillers, Botox and PDO threading techniques, all facial enhancements that help lift and smooth facial lines. The special hands-on course was taught to seven doctors, dentists and nurse practitioners.
The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is recognized for instruction on facial enhancement in the U.S. Dr. Kimmel has been practicing in Bayonet Point for more than 31 years, has used laser dentistry for more than 15 years and facial aesthetics for more than eight years.
HOSPITAL NAMES NEW HUMAN RESOURCES VP: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announced the appointment of Jennifer Robinson as Vice President of Human Resources. Robinson comes to the hospital from St. Petersburg General Hospital, where she served as vice president of human resources for nearly five years. She holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology and is a member of the Society of Human Resources Management. During her tenure at St. Petersburg General Hospital, Robinson was credited with reducing overall turnover through collaboration and coaching, and was responsible for executing several employee recognition initiatives.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Results-Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 2, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 8, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 9, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 10, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 11, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 4 to 5:30 p.m. April 16, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Financing Opportunities with the Small Business Administration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 16, Land O' Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Evening Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, [email protected] or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632. • Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email [email protected]
Contact Phyllis Day at [email protected] or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.