WELBILT JOINS PASCO EDC: Joel Horn, executive vice president of Welbilt, Inc., has been appointed to the Pasco Economic Development Council’s Board of Directors. Welbilt recently invested in the Pasco EDC. The two organizations have had a great relationship, having worked on numerous projects together in the past. Welbilt is a leading commercial food service equipment manufacturer.
FIRSTLIGHT GRAND OPENING: Local entrepreneurs Mark and Jabeen Hamid recently celebrated the opening of their FirstLight Home Care business with a grand opening event. The celebration took place at Central Bank in Tampa. FirstLight Home Care of North Tampa and East Pasco offers non-medical home care services to residents throughout the Tampa Bay area, including Wesley Chapel and other east Pasco County communities, as well as north Tampa. The company specializes in caring for seniors, those recovering from illness, injury or surgery, military veterans and adults with disabilities. The office is at 20701 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Suite 201, in Tampa. Visit NTampa.FirstLightHomeCare.com.
BEXLEY MODEL WINS ‘BEST HOME’ AWARD: PulteGroup’s West Florida Division took home two grand prize awards at the Tampa Bay Builders Association annual Parade of Homes. Pulte had four of the 95 model homes open to the public. Its Summerwood model at Del Webb Bexley in Land O’ Lakes took the best model award for homes in the $350,000-$399,000 category. Also, its Fraser model at Rego Palms in tampa took the award in the $150,000-$199,000 category. For information, visit delwebb.com/bexley.
PASCO EDC WANTS NOMINATIONS: Nominations are being accepted now through April 30 for the 2019 Pasco Economic Development Council Industry Awards. Each year, the Pasco EDC recognizes the achievements of top companies in Pasco County for their technology, innovation, job creation, growth and capital investment in the area. Company involvement in community activities also is measured. Nominees will be evaluated based on job creation, increased capital investment and contributions to the community in 2018. All finalists are interviewed, and winners will be announced at the Pasco EDC’s 33rd-annual Awards and Trade Show in September.
Nominees should be a for-profit business operating in Pasco County (municipalities or affiliates are excluded). Winners from the past five years are not eligible. Awards categories are based on the company size: Small (1-20 employees); medium (21-100 employees); and large (101-plus employees), as well as start-up/new companies (within 24 months).
Nominations can be submitted online at pascoedc.com/events/details/pasco-edc-annual-awards-trade-show.
INCREDI-BOWL Z’HILLS: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce’s Incredi-Bowl Z’Hills family event to benefit local youth and education programs will be April 27 at Pin Chasers, 6816 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Check in will be from 3 to 3:45 p.m., with bowling from 4 to 6 p.m. The event will include pizza and raffles. Business sponsorships include lane sponsors for $300, corporate sponsors for $500 and executive sponsors for $750. The cost for a team of five players is $175, and includes food, unlimited soft drinks, shoe rental and bowling. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three teams. To sponsor or register, email to [email protected] or call (813) 782-1913.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, “Human Resources ... What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You,” will be offered from 6 to 8 p.m. April 24 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. Open to start-up and existing businesses. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. For information, call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 6, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for Non-Profit Grants, 4 to 5:30 p.m. May 7, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 7, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Financing Opportunities with the SBA, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Utilizing YouTube in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 9, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 21, Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Evening Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, [email protected] or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632. • Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email [email protected]
Contact Phyllis Day at [email protected] or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.