FIRST ROBOTIC-ASSISTED PROCEDURE: The Medical Center of Trinity announced the successful completion of its first robotic-assisted coronary/peripheral angioplasty. The hospital is at 9330 State Road 54, Trinity.
GARAGE NOW OFFERS U-HAUL SERVICES: Tony's Garage, 8315 Congress St., Port Richey, has signed on as a U-Haul neighborhood dealer, offering U-Haul products and services, including trucks, truck sales, trailers, towing equipment, pre-tow inspection and moving supplies. The company uses the U-Haul Truck Share 24/7, which allows customers to conduct transactions on a smartphone at any hour of the day or night. Normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. For information, call (727) 848-6829.
MEDICAL CENTER WELCOMES NEW DOCTOR: Steven Shaver, DO, has joined the staff of internal medicine specialists at Gulf Coast Medical Center. Dr. Shaver completed his internal medicine residency at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and specializes in prevention and treatment of adult disease. He welcomes new patients in the Hudson and Spring Hill offices and will be on hospital staff at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. For information, visit gcmc1.com
HOSPITAL DONATES TO PHSC SCHOLARSHIPS: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point's Volunteer Association recently awarded a $7,000 gift toward the association's scholarship endowment at Pasco-Hernando State College. The endowment, established in 2012, enables the Volunteer Association to assist recent high school graduates enrolling at PHSC and who volunteer at the hospital. As a result of their fundraising efforts, more than $250,000 in college scholarships to Pasco and Hernando county high school graduates have been awarded since 1983 through the endowment.
NUTRITIONIST EARN CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Nutritionist Kathy Wright, co-owner of Wright's Natural Market in New Port Richey, recently received her health coach certifications in Healthy Ketogenic Diet through Dr. Eric Berg, and her autoimmune protocol certification from the Certified AIP Program. Wright, who received her certification in nutrition from American Health Science University in 1996, offers one-on-one or small group nutritional/educational consultations, live videos, and hosts nutritional education workshops and lectures.
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SEMINAR: The informational seminar will be presented at 6 p.m. July 23 at Rao Musunuru, M.D., Conference Center, 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson. It will be conducted by Donald Fridley II, who specializes in general and bariatric surgery. He will give an update about the new bariatric service that will be provided at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. Healthy refreshments will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. Call (727) 869-5498.
CHEF SHOWDOWN: Atria chefs Bruce Smith, Cody Stevens, Michael Tate and Carl Miller will go head-to-head in a cooking face-off from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 24 at Atria Windsor Woods, 13707 Dallas Drive, Hudson. Now in its fifth year, the competition will be judged by a panel of senior advisors, residents and guests.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, "Taking the Guesswork Out of Leasing," will be offered from 6 to 7:30 p.m. July 24 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. Call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 22, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 12, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 13, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a 501c3, 5 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O' Brady's, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632. • Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny's, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O' Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce's women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.