PASCO EDC WANTS NOMINATIONS: Nominations are being accepted now through April 30 for the 2019 Pasco Economic Development Council Industry Awards. Each year, the Pasco EDC recognizes the achievements of top companies in Pasco County for their technology, innovation, job creation, growth and capital investment in the area. Company involvement in community activities also is measured. Nominees will be evaluated based on job creation, increased capital investment and contributions to the community in 2018. All finalists are interviewed, and winners will be announced at the Pasco EDC's 33rd-annual Awards and Trade Show in September.
Nominees should be a for-profit business operating in Pasco County (municipalities or affiliates are excluded). Winners from the past five years are not eligible. Awards categories are based on the company size: Small (1-20 employees); medium (21-100 employees); and large (101-plus employees), as well as start-up/new companies (within 24 months).
Nominations can be submitted online at pascoedc.com/events/details/pasco-edc-annual-awards-trade-show.
RESTAURANTS DONATE PROCEEDS: The following restaurants are having fundraising events:
• Moe's Southwest Grill will be supporting the Apple A Day Foundation in April at its locations throughout Tampa Bay. The fast-casual southwestern restaurant will donate 25 percent of net in-store sales every Wednesday in April to the locally-founded nonprofit organization that provides electronic devices (such as tablets and smartphones) to children undergoing cancer treatment. To find a participating Moe's location, visit moes.com/find-a-moes.
• Tijuana Flats, a fast-casual Tex-Mex restaurant, is having its "Hot Sauces Helping Heroes" fundraising initiative through April 28. Patrons who purchase a bottle of hot sauce from the brand's collection, will have proceeds benefitting the Just in Queso Foundation, to send care packages to U.S. troops deployed throughout the world. The initiative also includes online purchases of hot sauce. For a Tijuana Flats location or to make a purchase online, visit tijuanaflats.com.
500TH HOME SOLD IN EPPERSON: Metro Development Group announced it sold its 500th home in the Epperson community in Wesley Chapel. Epperson is a planned, 4,000-home gated community in Wesley Chapel. The milestone sale comes two years after sales began and three months after the opening of the Epperson Lagoon, the first Crystal Lagoon amenity in the U.S. The lagoon is a 7.5-acre man-made lake and beach featuring purified water.
Medical Center of Trinity's 2 West (now 5 East) Nursing Unit has been recognized as one of HCA Healthcare's top performing medical/surgical units in the company's Unit of Distinctions Program. The local unit came in second place company-wide. Honorable mentions were given to the 4 East Nursing Unit for medical/surgical; and also the Progressive Care Unit for HCA's PCU units. HCA's Unit of Distinction Program was established to drive excellence in nursing care and to recognize the nursing departments that display exemplary performance in advocacy and leadership, consistency in nursing practice and operations, and leveraging scale to drive performance. Medical Center of Trinity's main campus is at 9330 State Road 54, Trinity. Visit medicalcentertrinity.com.
DOCTOR SPEAKS IN NASHVILLE: Dr. David Kimmel, from the Florida Center for Laser Dentistry in Bayonet Point, was the lead instructor for the American Academy of Facial Esthetics in Nashville, Tenn., on March 8 and 9. The special hands-on course was taught to 39 dentists, physicians and nurse practitioners. He has taught the advanced techniques for facial fillers and Botox to help smooth and fill facial contours. Instruction was also given on how to help control TMJ pain with Botox. Dr. Kimmel's office is at 12124 Cobble Stone Drive, Bayonet Point. For information, call (727) 862-8513 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BRING PETS FOR EASTER PHOTOS: PetSmart stores will host free in-store photos with the Easter Bunny from noon to 4 p.m. April 13 and 14 at all PetSmart locations. Pet parents will receive a free digital photo and be able to get images on their own mobile devices. Also, the Chance and Friends toys, typically offered only during the holiday season, will be available April through July, retailing for $5; 10 percent of sales will go to PetSmart Charities, which helps pets in need. For PetSmart locations, visit petsmart.com.
CHAMBER MIXER: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will host a member mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. April 18 at the East Pasco YMCA, 37301 Chapel Hill Loop, Zephyrhills. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
INCREDI-BOWL Z'HILLS: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's Incredi-Bowl Z'Hills family event to benefit local youth and education programs will be April 27 at Pin Chasers, 6816 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Check in will be from 3 to 3:45 p.m., with bowling from 4 to 6 p.m. The event will include pizza and raffles. Business sponsorships include lane sponsors for $300, corporate sponsors for $500 and executive sponsors for $750. The cost for a team of five players is $175, and includes food, unlimited soft drinks, shoe rental and bowling. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three teams. To sponsor or register, email to email@example.com or call (813) 782-1913.
HEALTH WORKSHOP: Wright's Natural Market will host a free Gut Health Workshop at 6:30 p.m. April 18 at People's Places, 5742 Main St., New Port Richey. The workshop will feature certified nutritionist Bobby Ojeda, president of Training Solutions on Demand, an education and consulting service company with an emphasis on the dietary supplement industry. Ojeda will discuss digestive function basics, clinically-researched benefits of pro- and prebiotics, and what to look for in a quality supplement. There is no cost, but call (727) 848-5140 to RSVP.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 4 to 5:30 p.m. April 16, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Financing Opportunities with the Small Business Administration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 16, Land O' Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 6, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for Non-Profit Grants, 4 to 5:30 p.m. May 7, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 7, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Financing Opportunities with the SBA, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Utilizing YouTube in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 9, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 21, Land O' Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O' Brady's, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Evening Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632. • Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny's, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O' Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce's women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.