MARKETPLACE UNDER CONSTRUCTION: The Sembler Company and Publix Supermarkets recently announced a new, ground-up development, The Preserve Marketplace, a community shopping center located within the fast-growing master-planned, mixed-use community known as "South Branch" in the southeast quadrant of State Road 54 and Suncoast Parkway in Odessa. Phase I of The Preserve Marketplace will be anchored by a 25,147-square-foot GreenWise Market, an organic and specialty concept grocery store. CVS Pharmacy, Heartland Dental and Panera Bread will join GreenWise in the center, along with smaller shops. In addition to Greenwise Market, Phase I of The Preserve Marketplace includes 12,100 square feet of in-line retail space, four outparcels, and a 9,100-square-foot, multi-tenant building. Leasing has already begun, with Organic Nails, Majik Touch Cleaners, Sport Clips and Publix Liquor signed on. Phase I is slated to open in early 2020. Planning for Phase II is underway, with approximately 110,000 square feet of anchor and small-shop retail space planned for the land east of the GreenWise center.
COMMUNITY GROUNDBREAKING: Taylor Morrison, a national homebuilder and developer, recently broke ground on its first 55-plus, resort-lifestyle community in the Tampa area, Esplanade at Wiregrass Ranch in Wesley Chapel. A groundbreaking ceremony was held on July 24. Plans for the community include 868 single-family and detached villa homes with California Tuscan-inspired architecture. Some of the amenities will include a resort-style pool, fitness center and sports courts. For details and updates, visit esplanadeatwiregrassranch.com or call toll-free 866-495-6006.
PASCO EDC NAMES AWARD FINALISTS: The Pasco Economic Development Council is honoring Pasco County companies that have shown exceptional growth by capital investment and employees, innovation in technology and good corporate citizenship in their communities. The EDC wishes to congratulate the 14 finalists ,who have excelled in all these categories, for their continuing contributions to the economic growth and development of Pasco County. The finalists include: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel, Airprompt AC/Electric, American Consulting Engineers of Florida, Architectural Signage and Printing, Bay Tech Industries, Connected Cities, Design and Construction Innovations, Gulfside Healthcare Services, Hudson Bowling Supply, Medical Center of Trinity, Millian-Aire Enterprises Corp., The Point Distillery, Trxade Group and Wellbilt. The finalists will be honored and winners announced at the Pasco EDC 33rd-annual Awards and Trade Show on Sept. 5 at Saddlebrook Resort and Spa.
PLASTIC BAG INITIATIVE: Wright's Natural Market has launched an initiative to help customers remember to bring their reusable shopping totes and reduce the use of plastic bags in downtown New Port Richey. For every reusable shopping bag customers use, Wright's will donate 5 cents to a community charity. Donations raised from July through September will be given to Veterans Alternative. Wright's Natural Market is at 5800 Main St., New Port Richey. For information, visit the store's Facebook page or call (727) 848-5140.
INVESTOR GETS AIF DESIGNATION: Brian Rockwell of Raymond James and Associates has been awarded the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies. The designation signifies specialized knowledge of fiduciary responsibility and the ability to implement policies and procedures that meet a defined standard of care. The designation is the culmination of a rigorous training program and agreement to abide by the Center's Code of Ethics and Conduct Standards. Rockwell, a resident of Trinity, is an associate vice president for Raymond James in Trinity. He and his wife, Julie, specialize in wealth management and financial planning for individual clients, small business owners and those going through a divorce.
ACCESS TEAMS RECEIVE RECOGNITION: Access Health Care Physicians announced that Gayathri Morrareddy, MD, a primary care physician, and her team, at 5537 Gulf Drive, New Port Richey, has achieved recognition under the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Program. Also, Harish M. Madnani, MD, board-certified in internal medicine and hospice and palliative medicine, and his team at 13911 Lakeshore Blvd., Suite 111, Hudson, has achieved renewal of recognition status for their patient-centered medical home.
HOSPITAL RECOGNITIONS: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the following recognitions:
• Keshav Ramireddy, MD, was recognized as this year's Frist Physician Humanitarian Award winner. The award honors individuals for their humanitarian and volunteer activities. The physician received a donation of $500 to the charity of his choice; he also received a Frist lapel pin and plaque.
• Three Graduate Medical Education residents received high recognition in this year's HCA West Florida Graduate Medical Education Consortium Poster Exhibition held at the University of South Florida. Dr. Ken Baxa (rheumatology) won first place scientific award for his poster, "Assessment of Intravenous Micronutrient Therapy (Myer's Cocktail) for the Treatment of Fibromyalgia. Dr. Paul Hoffman (internal medicine) won third place scientific award for his poster, "Doxycycline Induced Acute Pancreatitis." Dr. Huma Zuman (transitional year) first place inter-professional award for his poster, "Spectrum of Imaging Findings on CT Perfusion of Brain for Acute Stroke."
WEIGHT-LOSS SEMINAR: A seminar on two new minimally-invasive endoscopic weight loss procedures will be presented at 6 p.m. Aug. 19 at Bayonet Point Surgery and Endoscopy Center, 14104 Yosemite Drive, Hudson. Drs. Dilip Ghanekar and Joseph Staffetti, board-certified gastroenterologists, will discuss the endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty and endoscopic revision after gastric bypass. These are non-surgical procedures with no scarring, lower risk of complications and faster recovery. Light refreshments will be served. Seating is limited; RSVP to (727) 869-5078.
GOLF CLASSIC: The SurgeryPlus Classic, benefiting the Good Samaritan Health Clinic of Pasco will be Sept. 14 at Innisbrook Golf Resort on the Copperhead Golf Course in Palm Harbor. The cost is $1,000 per team, which includes breakfast, range balls, golf for four players, lunch, prizes and beer provided by Escape Brewery. Sponsors include SurgeryPlus, Escape Brewing and Florida Joint Care Institute, a Trinity-based orthopedic practice. For information on participating or sponsorships, contact Ryan Burke at email@example.com or (813) 951-4432.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the nine-week session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Fridays, starting Aug. 23, at the SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey. The registration deadline is Aug. 19. Register online at smartstartpasco.com/upcoming-sessions or call (813) 926-0827 ext. 221.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, "Personal Budgeting and Credit for Entrepreneurs," will be offered from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21 at the West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey; and from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. Call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a 501(c)3, 5 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 4 to 6 p.m. Sept. 3, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. This class will also be offered 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 5 at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson; and 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 4, West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey. It will also be offered 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16 at Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Utilizing YouTube for Your Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 4, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, Land O' Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 17, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Opportunities in Franchises, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O' Brady's, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O' Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce's women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.