THORACIC SURGEON JOINS PRACTICE: West Florida Thoracic Surgery welcomes Mathew Ninan, MD, an expert in the surgical treatment of lung cancer and other procedures involving chest organs. Dr. Ninan practices at West Florida Thoracic Surgery, 9332 State Road 54, Suite 405, Trinity. Dr. Ninan was named a U.S. News and World Report top doctor for several years.
SUN TOYOTA PROMOTIONS: General Sales Manager Ferris Hamdan announced that Nael Barjas and Rammie Hamdan have been promoted to finance managers at Sun Toyota, 3001 U.S. 19, Holiday. Barjas joined Sun Toyota in 2016. He won "Rookie Sales Person of the Year" in 2017 and "Internet Sales Person of the Year" in 2018. Hamdan has been developing his car dealership expertise the past two years at Sun Toyota and Brandon Honda, while earning high customer satisfaction ratings and reviews at each.
REALTOR LEADS SAINT LEO BOARD: Tampa Bay real estate professional D. Dewey Mitchell has become chairman of the Saint Leo University Board of Trustees for a two-year term. Mitchell is the co-owner of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Florida Properties Group in Trinity. He first became a trustee of Saint Leo in 2012. Prior to assuming the role of board chair, he served as vice chair for two years. He began his new duties on July 1.
REVERSE TRADE SHOW: The Pasco County Purchasing Department invites local vendors interested in doing business with Pasco County government agencies to attend the Pasco County Reverse Trade Show from 1 to 4 p.m. Aug. 26 at the Land O' Lakes Recreation Complex, 3032 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes. The event is designed to be a one-stop shop to allow suppliers, contractors and other company representatives to meet with staff from Pasco County. Advance registration is requested, but not required. To register, email to email@example.com.
RIBBON-CUTTING: A ribbon-cutting celebration for Sunlight Realty will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 5344 Ninth St., Zephyrhills. This will be a joint chamber celebration with the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber and North Bay Tampa Bay Chamber.
HOSPITAL HOSTS GIRLS NIGHT: AdventHealth Dade City will host a "Girls Night Out: Call Me Crafty" event from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 10 in Rooms 107 and 108 at the hospital, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City. The hospital teamed up with Dade City Magnolia House for this event. Participants will paint their own farmhouse signs. There will be hors d'oeuvres, as well as women's health and wellness information. Guests can also meet gynecologist Jennifer Roller, MD, who will be on hand. The cost is $34 per person. Reservations are required. RSVP to tinyurl.com/callmecrafty.
CO.STARTERS TRAINING: Facilitator training on the Pasco County Economic Development Council's Co.Starters program will be offered from 1 to 5 p.m. Aug. 28 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 29 at Rasmussen College, 18600 Fernview St., Land O' Lakes. The training is for community leaders who wish to become certified Co.Starters facilitators. Full attendance is required. Co.Starters is a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business. Register online at form.jotform.com/92134307884157 or call (813) 926-0827 ext. 221.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, "Personal Budgeting and Credit for Entrepreneurs," will be offered from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco County Economic Development Council. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. Call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
Keep up with all things Pasco County
Subscribe to our free Pasco Times newsletter
You’re all signed up!
Want more of our free, weekly newsletters in your inbox? Let’s get started.Explore all your options
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 4 to 6 p.m. Sept. 3, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. This class will also be offered 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 5 at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson; and 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 4, West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey. It will also be offered 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16 at Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Utilizing YouTube for Your Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 4, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results-Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, Land O' Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 17, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Opportunities in Franchises, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O' Brady's, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O' Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce's women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.