PATRIOT AWARD RECIPIENT: The Florida Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, a Department of Defense program, has awarded Ruth Williamson of Trinity the Department of Defense Patriot Award for her exceptional support of the members of the U.S. National Guard and Reserve who work for her organization. Williamson is director of communications at the Medical Center of Trinity. Her award was requested by Florida Army National Guard Spc. Julie Diaz, a telecom operator at the hospital who is deploying. Diaz expressed her gratitude to Williamson, her director and the communications team while she is away. Williamson has been employed with HCA for 32 years and will be retiring soon. Diaz has been employed with HCA since 2015.
RAFFLE SPONSORS NEEDED: Main Street Zephyrhills is asking local businesses and organizations to become raffle sponsors to support the group's free raffle giveaways at upcoming events. This event season includes: Touch a Truck on Aug. 31, Music & Motorcycles on Sept. 14, Halloween Howl on Oct. 26 and Festival of Lights on Dec. 7. This year's events have more than 90 vendors and expect crowds upwards of 4,000. Each event will include free raffle giveaways. Donations of any size are appreciated, including merchandise or gift certificates. Sponsors will be recognized at the events. Main Street Zephyrhills is a nonprofit organization; all donations are tax-deductible. For further details, contact Anna Stutzriem at email@example.com or (813) 780-1414.
WALK-ON'S OPENS IN WESLEY CHAPEL: Walk-On's Bistreaux and Bar opened its first location in Florida in the Cypress Creek Town Center, 25372 Sierra Center Boulevard, Lutz. A grand opening and ribbon cutting with the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce was on July 29. The franchise is based in Baton Rouge, La. New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is a co-owner. The local franchise is owned by Paul and Debbi Hollabaugh, and Jared Burnett.
LUNCH AND LEARN: The Pasco Economic Development Council will have a brown bag lunch and learn from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 14 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. Those interested can bring a lunch and learn what the Pasco EDC does. To RSVP, call 888-607-2726 or visit pascoedc.com
COMMON GROUNDS STARTUP PRESENTATIONS: The Pasco Economic Development Council's SMARTstart program will host this Common Grounds Pitch series from 10 to 11 a.m. Aug. 14 at the SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. Two individuals will present a five-minute pitch and introduce their business ideas to the local entrepreneurial community in Pasco County. Each pitch will be followed by a question and answer/feedback opportunity with the gathered business community. There will be coffee and networking. RSVP online at form.jotform.com/pascoedc/common-grounds-rsvp or call 1-888-607-2726.
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT SEMINAR: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will offer a weight management information seminar from 6 to 7 p.m. Aug. 14, and again on Aug. 28, at the Rao Musunuru, MD, Conference Center, 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson. It will be conducted by Donald Fridley II, DO, who specializes in general and bariatric surgery. Admission is free. Healthy refreshments will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. RSVP to (727) 869-5498.
ZEPHYRHILLS CHAMBER BANQUET: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will host its Down Home Z'Hills Membership Appreciation and Community Awards Banquet from 6 to 9 p.m. Aug. 22 at St. Joseph's Parish Center, 38750 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. Tickets start at $50 each, with table packages available for $400-$600. RSVP by Aug. 15. Call (813) 782-1913 or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the nine-week session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Fridays, starting Aug. 23, at the SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey. The registration deadline is Aug. 19. Register online at smartstartpasco.com/upcoming-sessions or call (813) 926-0827 ext. 221.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, "Personal Budgeting and Credit for Entrepreneurs," will be offered from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21 at the West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey; and from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. Call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 12, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 13, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a 501c3, 5 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O' Brady's, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632. • Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny's, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O' Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce's women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.