AJ’S POWER SOURCE TO EXPAND: The Pasco Economic Development Council has announced that Pasco County government has offered to sell a parcel of land to AJ’s Power Source, Inc., in response to the company’s potential need to expand. The 2.6-acre parcel is behind AJ’s current facility off U.S. 41 in Land O’ Lakes. AJ’s Power Source is a supplier of ground and airborne power systems for more than 25 years to prime contractors of the U.S. Department of Defense and other government agencies. The company plans to expand and create 20 new positions that will exceed the county’s average wages of $37,315 by 128 percent. Visit ajpowersupply.com.
TRADE SHOW SPONSORS WANTED: The Pasco Economic Development Council’s annual awards and trade show will be Sept. 5 at Saddlebrook Resort. The event is to recognize business and community leaders for their contribution to growing and strengthening the economy, and includes an industry trade show and brief awards ceremony. Sponsorships are available from $500 to $5,000, with five benefit levels. For further details or sponsorship forms, visit pascoedc.com/events/details/pasco-edc-annual-awards-trade-show or contact Suzanne at email@example.com or (813) 926-0827, ext. 226. Completed sponsorship forms should be returned by July 1.
NURSE PRACTITIONER JOINS CENTER: Gulf Coast Medical Center welcomes Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner Bradley Ruch to its staff. Ruch will be seeing primary care and walk-in patients at the Spring Hill and Port Richey locations. New patients are welcome and may call (727) 868-2151 for an appointment. For information, visit gcmc1.com
REMINDER FOR DOG-DINING RESTAURANTS: Pasco County Code Enforcement is reminding restaurant owners of the Outdoor Dog Dining ordinance that has been in effect since 2017. Only a small number of restaurants are in compliance and have a permit to allow patrons to bring their dogs to dine in dog-friendly seating areas. Restaurants without a permit could receive a $500 per-instance fine for a dog on the property. Some requirements of the Outdoor Dog Dining ordinance include: Restaurants must provide separate access for dogs from the outdoors; there must be waterless hand sanitizers at every table; dogs cannot be on the furniture; the establishment owner can have selected hours and days that dogs are welcome; and the establishment owner must clearly identify the dog dining area. Interested restaurant owners can apply for a Dog Dining Permit through Pasco County Central Permitting. The application is available online at: bit.ly/DogDiningApp. There is a one-time $50 fee, and applications must be submitted in person at the office at 8731 Citizens Drive, New Port Richey.
GULFSIDE’S NEW VP: Following the organization’s recent expansion and addition of a home health agency, Gulfside Healthcare Services has announced the promotion of Rhonda Matthews to vice president of business development. Matthews joined the organization in 2018 as director of business development. She received her bachelor’s degree in cardiopulmonary sciences from the University of Central Florida, and has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
HOSPITAL RECEIVES AWARD: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® quality achievement award. The award recognizes the hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to the latest scientific evidence. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center, licensed by ACHA, in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties, providing patients with 24/7 availability of immediate access to the full spectrum of neuroscience-related care, including the latest technologies in the detection, treatment and rehabilitation for strokes.
HOMEGOODS TO OPEN IN NEW PORT RICHEY: HomeGoods will have the grand opening of its newest store from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. July 7 at 8870 Strength Ave., New Port Richey, located in the Mitchell Ranch Neighborhood Center. The store is approximately 20,187 square feet, and will offer off-price home decor, including furniture, rugs, lighting, decorative accessories, kitchen and dining, kids’ decor and toys, bedding and bath, pet accessories and more. The local HomeGoods is expected to fill approximately 65 full- and part-time positions. Store hours will be 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays, and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 9, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 22, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632. • Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.