COUNTY OFFERING VUSPEX: Pasco County Development Services is now offering VuSpex, a virtual building inspections tool that provides inspection services to contractors remotely with the use of a smart phone or tablet. VuSpex can now be used by contractors requesting an inspection for air conditioning change outs. Future remote inspections will include water heater change outs, water softener change outs, and select re-inspections for cases with few violations. Contractors must have a mobile device with adequate resolution and signal quality, and must be able to download the VuSpex app. To schedule a virtual inspection with Pasco County, email to [email protected] or call (727) 847-8126. Visit bit.ly/PascoVuSpex.
ADVENT HEALTH GETS ACCREDITATION: AdventHealth Dade City has been accredited as a comprehensive center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery acknowledges the hospital’s commitment to providing and supporting quality improvement and safety efforts for patients undergoing bariatric surgery. Program standards ensures that patients receive a multidisciplinary program, not just a surgical procedure, to improve patient outcomes and long-term success.
HOSPITAL VOLUNTEERS HONORED: Several volunteers at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point have been recognized for their volunteer service:
• The hospital recently honored Shirley Stibal for her 30 years of volunteer service to the hospital. Her recognition was given at the annual volunteers’ award banquet at Spartan Manor on April 9. For 30 years, Shirley earned a reputation of always willing to be of service. She is a courier for the hospital; is friendly with patients, family, staff and other volunteers; and is always reliably on time and present. “Her hard work and dedication over the years typifies the character and devotion to serving and exemplifies our mission statement,” said Donna Owen, director of volunteer and pastoral care.
• Two volunteers, Dan Hammer and Elliot Lorenzi, recently received the Presidential Lifetime Achievement Award. Each received the “President’s Call to Service Award Certificate,” which comes from the office of the President of the United States. The award includes an order of congratulations from President Trump and a pin commemorating the event. In order to receive the award, volunteers must have volunteered for at least 15 years and log more than 7,500 hours of service.
Dan Hammer began volunteering in 2000 and has more than 45,000 hours of service. He currently volunteers in the hospital’s CSU and serves as volunteer chairperson for that department.
Elliot Lorenzi began volunteering in 2003 and has accumulated more than 37,000 hours of service. He is currently serving as a courier, has served as the courier’s team leader, and has been on a number of volunteer committees.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, “Getting Your Legal House in Order,” will be offered from 6 to 8 p.m. May 22 at the West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey; and May 29 at the East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. Open to start-up and existing businesses. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. For information, call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE will offer a free small-business seminar, “How to Really Start Your Own Business,” from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 21, at Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes. To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Evening Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, [email protected] or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632. • Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email [email protected]
Contact Phyllis Day at [email protected] or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.