KENNETH CITY — Kenneth City has broken ground for the its new, energy efficient public works building at 4600 58th St. N.
The building will be part of the town's Public Services Annex, adjacent to the recently rejuvenated James Ernst Park. The original sheet metal, warehouse-style building was constructed in the late 1950's. The new building will be a major upgrade for the Public Works Department and will include a large covered area for excess outdoor vehicle storage and a mezzanine for additional storage of the town's holiday decorations and other equipment. The city anticipates that the building will be complete later this year.