The Tampa Yankees have officially changed the name of the Class A Florida State League team to the Tarpons.
The name change is a nod to the original Tampa Tarpons minor-league team that played at Al Lopez Field from 1957-87.
For the first four years the team was affiliated with the Phillies. From 1961-87 it was a Reds affiliate. Baseball abandoned Tampa from 1988-93 before the Yankees joined the FSL.
The team will change its colors to navy, silver and blue and unveil its caps and uniforms in January.