The Times college football staff makes its picks for Florida State's game against Miami Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami:
Matt Baker, @MBakerTBTimes
Florida State 35-31: Maybe I'm foolish, but I think Dalvin Cook has a big game and the Seminoles come out energized. A strong showing from Brad Kaaya won't be enough for the 'Canes to snap a six-game losing streak to FSU.
Joey Knight, @TBTimes_Bulls
FSU, 35-24: 'Noles aren't a playoff team, but they're a proud one. Dalvin Cook will seek atonement in his hometown.
Martin Fennelly, @mjfennelly
FSU 38-35: Seminoles run their streak to seven in row, Brad Kaaya notwithstanding.
Tom Jones, @TomWJones
Florida State 33-23: Still not convinced that Miami is for real and 'Noles are angry.
Traci Johnson, @TBHomeTeam
Miami 38-35: Florida State hasn't lost consecutive games since 2011, but going with the team that's looked better on both sides of the ball so far. And the Hurricanes have been pretty stingy against the run.
Florida State-Miami preview capsule
• Florida State has won the last six games in this series; Miami (FL) last beat the Seminoles on September 7, 2009. This will be the first time since 2013 that both teams will be ranked in the AP Top 25 at the time of their meeting.
• Florida State overcame a 21-point first-half deficit to take a late 35-34 lead over North Carolina, only to lose when the Tar Heels hit a long FG on the final play of the game. It was the second time this season any FBS team lost a game in which it came back from a 21+ point deficit to take a fourth-quarter lead (UConn vs Navy, September 10 (lost 28-24)).
• Dalvin Cook picked up his first career game with 100+ rushing and 100+ yards receiving when he had 140 and 106, respectively, against North Carolina last week. That gives him two 100+ yard rushing and two 100+ yard receiving performances in 2016.
• Miami (FL) had two fumble returns for TDs last week; both were scored by true freshmen (Shaquille Quarterman & Joe Jackson). The last time any FBS team had defensive TDs scored by 2+ different true freshmen in a game was Florida State versus Wake Forest, November 9, 2013 (Nate Andrews, Int return & Jalen Ramsey, fumble return).
• In two career games against FSU, Brad Kaaya has thrown for 721 yards and five touchdowns.
STATS contributed to this report